Saturday Standing Rib Cook (Au Jus Friday)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Testing out one of the standing rib roasts tomorrow. Giving meathead's recipe a go. Will follow it pretty closely.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/beef-and-bison-recipes/prime-rib-and-other-beef-roasts/

Trimmed up the roast yesterday, salted and into the fridge. Today I have his recipe for the au jus going in the pressure cooker. Roasted the bones and tossed in with the ingredients.

zvN1BNml.jpg

HWtT3zLl.jpg

NUQ728kl.jpg

IRsDrVJl.jpg

Will smoke it in one of the easy bake ovens I have. I've always liked steaks better, but we'll see if a new recipe changes things and I've never done an au jus with the prime rib so maybe that will help. Also might make a horseradish sauce. I do love prime rib sandwiches too so leftovers might be even better. :biggrin1:

Anyone have alternative rib roast sauces they like?

More to come.

Another monumental gathering in Lawrenceville. I have a feeling that the prime rib is going to be excellent!

I usually don't do any sauce other than au jus when having rib roast.

But if I did use a sauce, it would probably be something like a subtle garlic aioli to not overpower the flavor of rib roast.

I tried horsey sauce with prime rib for a couple bites once and went back to just the au jus. All I could taste was the horseradish. Different strokes.

I want to taste the meat flavor, not the sauce flavor.

I gotta feeling you're gonna kill the roast on your first try.

PS.- I prefer it cut into steaks too. Something about when the fire meets the meat directly and makes a crust that I like. :heh:

It's called FLAVOR!

Alcohol induced mistakes have been made......
eb5c9254f2e6fa05da4258b7c81fbbe9.jpg

That was actually going to be the subject of my previous post when I saw the bottles, I actually had most of that warning typed but I backtracked and gave you the benefit of the doubt that you could control everything. I'll not make that mistake again :wink:

Well just "forgot" to check the temperature, which I guess is an "important" step in this process.

Luckily most of the guests like their meat further done than medium rare. Was still yummy and I ate a bunch of the spinalis pieces. Wife made a cake which was excellent.
e2c04e31c6cd678f4dc2dde775315b4e.jpg
83b618ef07e8d7306382e8a4ff0d5c41.jpg
34809be8eb01bf18e4619b141919df56.jpg
fecbbbeb7d2fa12bbbe211082a43092f.jpg

Back