THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

abangs

is one Smokin' Farker
Custom BW Gater came in last week. Picked it up from the metal guy yesterday. Had a custom cart built for it. I wanted to keep it as compact as possible for transporting between competitions. The overall width is 42". The top of the cooker is about 60" so it sits at a great working height. I found the 10" flat free wheels at home depot. They work really well. On the Gater, I had a permanent water pan put in rather than the removable water pan (I prefer the perm pan). I also had the fire box modified...the standard box is about 3" inches deep. This one is about 4 3/4" - 5" deep....we had to trim it down a bit to fit inbetween the box runners and added the sides...also had to invert the box rails to sit down a little bit. Not sure of the coal holding capacity now, but it is a bunch. I'll measure it tonight and let you know....burned it in last night. Gonna smoker SOMETHING tonight on it!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 673
Nice pit! I've been seeing a lot of Gators popping up lately...good job on the cart...makes life easier...:p

Very nice I really like what you did to the fire box. I do like the Gators but I think it would be too much to lug from my shed to the house for a cook. Ground is not even either. I do not move things as well as I use too. I vacilate between the Extended Party, Guru Onyx and periodically think of the Fatboy. One of these days I will make up my mind sell my Meadowcreek and pull the trigger

Forgot, one mo question or 2:

If someone else wanted a cart like that, could you get them one?

That's not made by backwoods (the cart) right? Could you ballpark about what they cost?

It looks like that cart could be made to work with many different type smokers. I was looking around last year for carts, with not much look. That looks like exactly what I was looking for.

Back