THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Divemaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
I’ve had a taste for duck for a little over a week… So I stopped by my local ‘Mega-Mart’ and picked one up along with the rest of the items I needed for dinner, a Granny Smith Apple, two oranges.

The thawed duck, the apple quartered, and the oranges peeled.
Picture078.jpg

I stuffed the rinsed out duck with the fruit.
Picture079.jpg

Picture080.jpg

With my BGE pre-heated to 225*, I put the stuffed duck on. After about 4 hours, I kicked the temp up to 325* to brown and crisp the skin.
Picture081.jpg

Nothing better than smoked duck with orange sauce on the side, wild rice, asparagus sautéed with butter and garlic, and fresh bread.
Picture085.jpg

Picture086.jpg

Grandma use to make soup with the ducks blood. Sounds gross I know, but it wasn't. It was a brown broth with the duck meet of course, fruits, and these potatoe dumpling/noodles. Omg what memories. There's a way of making it with plum jelly instead of the blood. They say it tastes the same. More noodles please grandma.

I see you served up Daffy and not Donald.
Were you afraid Disney was gonna come after you for infringement?

Back