Chicken and Sausage Dinner

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I had Italian Sweet Sausage and Chicken Thighs on hand and vaguely recalled a Chef John video from a few years back that I'd made. Just to refresh my memory (from 4 years ago): Chicken, Sausage, Peppers, Potatoes. It's going to make a good dinner so let's get to it.

I precooked the cut up potatoes, both white and red, in the microwave just to give them a head start. The thighs were seasoned with Duck Fat and Yardbird and also given a head start with the sausage on the Goldens', grilled direct.

Once everything was ready to go, it all goes into the roasting pan with the peppers and a good drizzle of EVOO. I added the searing plate for indirect grilling and put the pan onto the grill for 45 - 50 minutes. The foil wrapping the bottom helps with cleanup -

iUuV8bg.jpg

hIXKYsj.jpg

Near the end of the cook, I placed the thighs back onto the grates to help with final browning and bring the temp up to 180F or so.

5KTWQ87.jpg

Lots of great juice in the pan from the veggies, the chicken and the sausage.

Dinner is served -

Znk9M9A.jpg

qFE34ip.jpg

Incredibly moist and full of flavor. The only seasoning used was the Yardbird, EVOO and S&P. Thanks to Chef John for the inspiration. This is a starting point; other ingredients could be added such as onions, mushrooms, etc. Give it a try and make it your own.

Thanks for checking out tonite's dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Now that looks like a comfort food dish that I could eat way too much of! Everything looks great!

We have been doing veges like that lately but, that sir takes it over the top. Great idea/memory. It's on my list as that looks simply delicious

Yes! I've made chef John's version of this before. It's really tasty. I like how the sweet italian sausage flavors everything.
Yours looks fantastic Dom!!

Back