THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

juggs

cooking a 12 lb Brisket . in the past i have cooked the point or thick end to 195 , but the flat seemed over cook. should i cook the flat to about 195-200? and if i do will the point be cooked enough?
Appreciate any advice

I usually cook my brisket to 200, when I am doing flats or packers. 200 is just a guideline, I also check how a probe slides in - if it's like butter it's done, if there is resistance... not done.
Good luck.

I never check the point, I check the flat, I look for around 195-200 and do the probe test. The probe test is my main method, not temp. I actually start checking at 165 for the stall and 180 or so in the flat for if it is done.

, I also check how a probe slides in - if it's like butter it's done, if there is resistance... not done.
Good luck.

Yep... This. Internal temp is a guideline. Go by feel. Your last brisket may have been done at 190 but this one may need to go to 200.

Back