Butt to Butt ?

INmitch

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We won pork this weekend in Madison IN and were told that we would be in the Butt to Butt next year in Jefferson City MO. Did a little search and didn't find much. What does it involve? Is there significant money? Just for fun and bragging rights? Just curious.

pretty cool deal turn is friday then they call the winner during cooks meeting . last year they had judges from 3 or4 states just for the butt to butt. cool trophy good money.

It is a pretty cool cook. I was fortunate to win it in 2009. My avatar pic is of me standing with Mike Lake with the B2B boars tooth around my neck. One of my most cherished awards.

Congratulations, butt winner! As a current Butt to Butt judge, 2006 Butt to Butt winner and 2008 B2B Champion match winner, welcome to a very select circle of pork cooks! Winner gets good money, but it's the pressure of being one of the last 2 teams standing knowing that one of you is first and the other is last that is the real thrill.

The Jeff City contest in April can be brutal weather-wise. 80+ teams. I'll go to judge Butt to Butt, but may not cook the main event (which really seems silly not to cook it).

The Jeff City contest in April can be brutal weather-wise. 80+ teams. I'll go to judge Butt to Butt, but may not cook the main event (which really seems silly not to cook it).

It wouldn't have anything to do with the constant 40 mph straight-line winds along with gusts up to 70 mph, would it?? :eek:

Exactly! Hate, hate, hate wind. Signed up for Amelia Island this weekend...I hate wind. Haven't made my mind up yet but I really hate cooking in the wind.

Back