THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
L

lunchlady

Hey all!
I think I have recovered from the Lowell weekend, although I can't find the scores sheet for BBQ Sunday. Top 3 are easy for me to remember...

I SMELL SMOKE !! - Grand Champion (for the 5th time~!)

lunchmeat - Reserve GC (for the 2nd time~!)

The Anchormen - 3rd overall

This was great fun, and a nice new location. I had never seen the back of the Tsongas Arena. Thanks to all who made it possible and CONGRATULATIONS to all winners!

oops, I forgot these...

Mass State Grilling Results

Smokey Steve and the Hickory Boys ~ GRAND CHAMPS (for the 2nd time)

KC's Rib Shack ~ Reserve Grand

I Smell Smoke ~ 3rd overall

Categories were clams or oysters, flank steak, sausages and pork tenderloin (first time we missed a turn-in ... that sucked.....I don't recommend it!)

And there was finally some decent weather at a NEBS event! Did you guys get your new BWS yet? Congrats,

Overall

1. I Smell Smoke (GC)
  2. Lunchmeat (RGC)
  3. The Anchormen
  4. Bastey Boys
  5. Back 40 BBQ

Chicken

1. Flaming Hog BBQ
  2. Doze Guys
  3. Fat Texan BBQ
  4. Lunchmeat
  5. Mr. C’s Smoking & Grilling

Pork Ribs

1. Uncle Jed’s BBQ
  2. Lunchmeat
  3. Dr. Frank ’N’ Swine
  4. I Smell Smoke
  5. QKwannabees

Pork

1. Hill Country Barbecue
  2. The Anchormen
  3. I Smell Smoke
  4. Purple Turtle Catering Company
  5. Bastey Boys

Brisket

1. Back 40 BBQ
  2. Smokey Steve & the HB’s
  3. I Smell Smoke
  4. Smoking N’ Jokin
  5. The Anchormen

They can say what they can say, but from what I see some of these New England Teams are every bit as tuff as those out in the Mid West or the South. I am not putting any teams from the Midwest or the South down. All I am saying is that there are some North East teams that are as good as any around. Unfortunately, my team is not one of them.

Thank you, thank you! We did get the new PARTY, it was delivered Saturday in Lowell....and it works well!

Just my thoughts...a good place to see how teams do against each other, society-wise, is at Kell Phelps' Best of The Best in Georgia. The top 5 (and then they will go to the top 10 if they don't get a lot) teams in each BBQ society gets invited to compete. I think 4 NEBS teams went down last year to see what we could see and we all did well. It was a very fun, extremely well-run contest, with lotsa prize money and HUGE bragging rights....it IS the BEST OF THE BEST in the country! And... there is an open competition the following day also. I highly recommend it to anyone who can make the trek in November, it is pretty far out for most of us. I got to meet a bunch of good people whom I have admired from afar for a long time... here's the link...
National BBQ Festival

Is anyone headed up to Clarence, NY at the end of the month?

First.......Congrats Lunchlady and all others on a fine performance.

Sawdustguy said:
They can say what they can say, but from what I see some of these New England Teams are every bit as tuff as those out in the Mid West or the South. I am not putting any teams from the Midwest or the South down. All I am saying is that there are some North East teams that are as good as any around. Unfortunately, my team is not one of them.

That new Spicewine smoker only knows how to cook in the midwest and the south....so New England contests will be virgin ground for one....but I have no doubt that you can adjust your cooking style and crack the top 10 yourself within a year.......

Congrats Steve & Michelle !!

A very successful weekend for both teams....

Clarence is too far away for us at this point. 400+ miles from Long Island... Might as well call it Canada...

lowell results (now NY/GA)

hey, guys good job as always. sorry to cook and run...obviously I haven't seen scores from Sunday yet either. Well, it looks like we are going to make the haul down to GA again also. Now we just have to work out the details... I just committed to Vito for the Cape. Can't deal with two long trips in a short time so good luck in Buffalo...
nancee

lunchlady said:
Thank you, thank you! We did get the new PARTY, it was delivered Saturday in Lowell....and it works well!

Just my thoughts...a good place to see how teams do against each other, society-wise, is at Kell Phelps' Best of The Best in Georgia. The top 5 (and then they will go to the top 10 if they don't get a lot) teams in each BBQ society gets invited to compete. I think 4 NEBS teams went down last year to see what we could see and we all did well. It was a very fun, extremely well-run contest, with lotsa prize money and HUGE bragging rights....it IS the BEST OF THE BEST in the country! And... there is an open competition the following day also. I highly recommend it to anyone who can make the trek in November, it is pretty far out for most of us. I got to meet a bunch of good people whom I have admired from afar for a long time... here's the link...
National BBQ Festival

Is anyone headed up to Clarence, NY at the end of the month?

Vin: I went to Lowell via Saratoga. As I made the turn towards Mass, I saw the sign that said Buffalo 299 miles!!! 9 hours each way...Too far, too much gas. Come join us at the Cape that weekend...
nancee

MilitantSquatter said:
Congrats Steve & Michelle !!

A very successful weekend for both teams....

Clarence is too far away for us at this point. 400+ miles from Long Island... Might as well call it Canada...

Congrats on the reserve, Lunchlady!

Hey Gary, remember, I broke mine in up in Michigan so Spicewines have SOME knowledge of cooking with all them Yanks! Ya just gotta remember to smother everything in sauce near the Great Lakes!

Go Lunchlady Go and congratulations to all the Brethren

Back