IT's HERE..... (w/ pron)

Here we go again...
Finally got to get some smokin in this weekend.

Here's the DL on the cook:
16 Lb USDA Choice Brisket, trimmed down to 14lbs.
Cooked with a combination of Pecan and Oak Wood.
Temps held between 255-280 throughout cook. Usually was around 265.
Began cook at 2AM. Finished at 2PM.
Seasoned with Salt & Pepper
After Internal Temp hit 165, mopped every hour with a mixture of 4 parts water, 1 part worcestershire, 1/2 part sriracha sauce, 1/2 part tiger sauce.
Wrapped in butcher paper at 190, pulled off at 200.

Notes: I pulled at internal at 200. Brisket was excellent but I think it could have cooked another hour, hour and a half. Flavor was spot on, not over smoked, ran clean CLEAN fire. Passed the bend test though!

photo11_zps3042b8b3.jpg

Pic of the smoker, running at 2! Temp outside was 50 degrees....sucker runs solid.

photo21_zps72335c6f.jpg

Couple of actions shots. First one here is at 145 degrees IT

photo3_zps24ef25e5.jpg

165 IT

photo4_zpsddd00cf2.jpg

Lastly, 185 degrees

photo5_zps12940037.jpg

GREAT Bark, glistening fat, incredible.

photo1_zps7246f8de.jpg

Lastly, cut up, ready to serve a hungry family!

photo2_zpsba36373a.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Also, I meant to say it passed the snap test also, pulled apart and snapped with just a little resistance.

that Looks Deliscous. Muscrat sho makes a fine Smoker- he needs to get moved and settled in so I can have him build me a Vertical!!!!!! :thumb:

that Looks Deliscous. Muscrat sho makes a fine Smoker- he needs to get moved and settled in so I can have him build me a Vertical!!!!!! :thumb:

Dude I'm with you there. We are living in a 30' camper. Our living room is under a barn.

Outstanding. Looks great

That is one Knarley cooker dude. The Brisket looks beautimus and most likely tastes even better. Thanks for sharing!

Nice work, looks like great cooker!

Look forward to seeing "the action":grin:

KC

Back