My sisters wedding...Next weekend - advice

TELL YOU WHAT BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My sisters wedding...sounds like a sitcom. Actually, it probably could be!

So...220 people outdoor wedding,, flip flops, shorts...bras optional at a 'catering' place. House is serving dogs/burgers, baked ziti and salad sides.

My BBQ team is providing pork (pulled/sauce on a roll) and we are also making Pork quesadillas using a 2xburner propane. I am going to 'prep' the carmelized onions and bring them warmed in a tin. (pork/onions/sauce from a squeeze bottle, toss of grated cheese)

Here are my questions:
1. Since pork is not the ONLY food -- HOW MUCH to prep? I am thinking if I cook a 100lbs of butt - yield 60lbs - what is thatserve 160 -180?

2. APPROXIMATELY HOW many LBS. fit in a FULL TRAY (2.5 deep)? (I figure 45? servings per full tray)

I am TRYING TO DETERMINE MY REHEAT SPACE -- I am going to OVEN first--> keep warm in the BACKWOODS <---for show~~ then sterno on serving tables.

***3. HOW MANY DAYS CAN I KEEP cooked/pulled Product in the refrigerator PRIOR TO EVENT!!?? So I don't have to freeze??

THANK YOU in ADVANCE!!
Cass
GranPappy of Pork~~

1) I'd still figure 3-4oz per person on the pork.
2) not sure about a 2.5" hotel pan my guess is around 6lbs but if you go to Sams and get the full size foil pans you can get 15lbs in one of them.
3) It should be used or frozen with in 7 days of cooking. Naturally it will be better on day 2 than day 7 but safe to eat if kept at 41 degrees or cooler.

."

Roger, that- HM. Going to deal with the sleep apnea -- Tues or Wed night next week - pull out when I get home from work - Keep in refrigerator. so I don't have to freeze meat.

I suppose you don't have vaccum sealing equipment. I would go 3 ounces, figure light, nobody needs to go hungry, but, if you run short, there will be other foods.

if it wasn't your sisters wedding how much would u charge for cooking and food-can you tel me how you figur it out-charge 5x the cost of pork?
where do you buy the pork and serving supplies?
thanks
http://thebarbecuemaster.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacks - this is our first 'gig' -there are several threads on pricing- that is unique to where you live - somewhat - i believe.
this is my wedding gift-

Congrats to your sister, & good luck to you! I think, as long as the wedding guests are well-lubricated, they will appreciate any good food, & especially BBQ, hope everything goes smoothly...

Back