Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Swinetastic BBQ June 15 Frederick, MD

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just saw that they capped out at 75 teams. It's gonna be a good one.

Who's in? We'll be there early Friday morning.

We're on the list :)

Can't wait to get back into it. Taking May off for horse races and relaxing sounded like a good idea, but I'm all twitchy now.. gotta get my fix!

Red Lion will be there, but the Liquor will be left at home. But I do think we all need to share a beer with Sal and his crew, to celebrate his victory this past week-end.

Smokerhead will be there, should be arriving sometime Thursday Night.

Southern Maryland Smokers will be there. We will be getting there Thursday evening.

BBQ Nuts will be there looking to bounce back from a disappointing showing in Middletown. We're looking for a ribs mentor... who can help?

Pork Barrel will be cooking Swinetastic. See everyone on Friday morning.

Will be our 34th state. Might even do May's

Pigheaded will be there, also off a disappointing Middletown finish. I could use a brisket mentor big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All offers welcome. LOL

The FIREFIGHTING BBQ TEAM will be there. Not sure when but we will be there!!!! Yea like everyone else I'm still licking my wounds from Middletown!!!! I think we will be flying without the GURU the rest of the year. It has given us a fit all year long!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Unfortunately I couldn't get in.............and this after a decent finish at Middleton

Larry and I will be there but not cooking. Looking forward to meeting more of the Brethren.
Theresa

Hey guys

Some friends and I were planning on going to swinefest. Just wondering how many teams have their BBQ for sale to the public usually?

We'll be there also, but we're doing the "Backyard" Rib deal. We haven't graduated up to the full comps yet! This is only our second outing, and judging from 22nd place in ribs at the first one... We figured we'd just practice on them some more. Good luck everybody! :thumb:

Hey guys

Some friends and I were planning on going to swinefest. Just wondering how many teams have their BBQ for sale to the public usually?

Usually none of the teams have their BBQ for sale at a competition, it's against the rules. However there are usually vendors not involved in the competition selling BBQ.

Originally Posted by ryank
Hey guys

Usually none of the teams have their BBQ for sale at a competition, it's against the rules. However there are usually vendors not involved in the competition selling BBQ.

The Health Department rules are the issue. You need to have a permit to sell to the public and get inspected by the HD and all that fun stuff. Some vendors also compete, like Jacked Up, but I don't know if any will be at this event.

Back