New FEC-100 Un-Crating (Pron)

K-Barbecue

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just came today and I couldn't wait to get it started. Checked it out good and carefull before unloading the semi. No dents, scratches or damage !!! I feel so lucky ! Got it setup, added a handfull of pellets to the pot and a few pounds to the hopper and have started a seasoning run at 225 degrees for a few hours. I'll add some meat later to season it further. Can't wait to start some real cooking !

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what comes out of that baby, Your having way too much fun :) :) !!

Tis a thing of beauty! :-D

I am sure you will enjoy her as much as we have ours.

TIM

You won't have trouble smoking in the cold winters of WI with that puppy! Congrats you're gonna love that FEC!

Congrats! i remember when mine was shiny and new... <sniff> They grow up too fast. :becky:

BTW, there is no need to throw a handful of pellets in to start it. It will feed a small pile of pellets and then pause to let the ignitor time to get them going.

Thanks all. I'm really looking forward to this. I've got a crappy slab of ribs I picked up at RD on there right now to further season it. I'm looking for another place to buy ribs after the horrible and extremely inconsistent quality I've gotten from RD this year already.

Go grab a couple of breakfast sausage logs and make some fatties! they have enough fat to help with the seasoning process and they come out great!

Go grab a couple of breakfast sausage logs and make some fatties! they have enough fat to help with the seasoning process and they come out great!

That sounds like just the ticket :-D

Fantastic! Very handy that you own that CAT tractor/forklift to offload it.

OOOoooOOOoOOOooooooo, it's SO shiny and pretty!!!

Not that I'm partial to large shiny objects or anything.
shiner.gif

So jealous -- enjoy!!

I guess the smoke doesn't bother your neighbors!! Nice cooker, nice property!

Back