THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jplee3

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Hey all,

Just got my Classic I delivered and fortunately no cracks/damage... I cringed a few times when they were unloading the thing because they weren't exactly gentle with it and also the pallet was laying on its SIDE in the truck when they were pulling it out :O

Anyway, upon opening the lid, I did notice these scratches/rub marks presumably from the metal ring/grate that was sitting in there.

I'd imagine these likely came from the thing sitting on it's side like that:

AM-JKLVXJY90kBMAgdwBAN6hqfoBJm-TIitL9LWiEdYRipbyY6-v6WsnDtm2waeBUEhgge9M-mvH6QTh3FqOZsd6hbdPfJcAzAinDb39JC0K4JNfQROAtMESOZQmVG4kXmAMEmtmGTmmMg-NBQSesulC-r5tdA=w2381-h1339-no

AM-JKLXsihTi11OgPcTgQbIxaPwBxqWnfJrbk_gPcXQYioSZ-iH2mUx4TmuUbTzYla9yzM-CZWzLsi8CogW5cuUB9gvMnP-EQVl73icfm_FvnTqGmFa_pV1FnPE5cfSauaWrtWA4MqMAElNkcD_aDcvU7ForkA=w2381-h1339-no

AM-JKLXti-NEBVHysfa4AEzB4dDkQ_6xS3-EHM_GI3oQo-XYqx9yYJoZfo2nraeN6TE8fOpOWVcs7Tf3vlZu7Ay266T-et9EA7Znivc5w1_EZIodlXcl9Trik_hFfuRxvFxiwOa9acQgTWA11FRoqsntxeaFmg=w1005-h1339-no

Is this anything to be concerned about?

Probably not, as long as there aren't any cracks. The inside will be black in short order.

you should be ok with the scratch. Don't forget to register the grill on kamado joe's website. Last thing we tell folks when they leave with their grill is to register it - some still don't. Simple process for a lifetime warranty. Your registration number is on the last page of the book.

tom

Back