Meat Source - Roc City Ribfest

Ohly Smokes

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi,
We're competing in our second pro competition in Rochester, NY - the Roc City Ribfest. We're coming from Canada and we're nervous that we're going to get our meat confiscated at the border.

Does anyone have recommendations on where we could pick up some nice meat in and around Rochester?
Thanks,
Jeff
Ohly Smokes

I can bring you some if you want. I will have cases of briskets and butts to pick from and if you need ribs and chicken also let me know. I can arrange that.

Jeff. Customs has a phone number you can call to ask and they will tell you what you can and can not cross the Boarder with.The only Meat you can not cross over as of now is Goat. I have the number at home will post it tomorrow .

Jules

Crossing over the border with meat is very simple. We have done it many many times.

Best advice to you is never to pretrim. Customs likes to see the original packaging. Don't pack any produce unless it is from the USA. Make it really easy for them to access all of your food. Carry a list of everything you have packed and hand it to them.
Its really not a big deal at all.
Just be 100% honest with them. If anything they will ask you more questions about BBQ.

Back