Got a new toy!!

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
PIT01.jpg
I picked this little beauty up for a nice price over the past weekend. I cooked at the Church last night for 200 people and woke up this morning and put on a bunch of thighs and 2 slabs of St. Louis trimmed Spares. Gotta practice! Oklahoma Joe's will be here before you know it. Jeff in KC, are you going to GAB or Oklahoma Joe's? I got my space assigment today for GAB (#386).

Nice looking toy. Can you post more pics and details of it. Do I notice dual exhaust pipes in chrome in the front?

River City Smokehouse said:
Jeff in KC, are you going to GAB or Oklahoma Joe's? I got my space assigment today for GAB (#386).

Nice pit! Sounds like you broker her in real good!

I'm at GAB (Site 551 if I remember correctly (card is at home). I may come out to Oklahoma Joe's to hang out or offer to judge if I get my farkin' mess from Warsaw all cleaned up and reorganized before then.

Sa-WEET! Nice score. Looks like it needs some breaking in though. Better bring it out here so I can give it a proper workout...

Wow! Very nice pit! Bet that cost a pretty penny.

Yes, this is a Bates. I will post some more pics at a later date. I just cleaned it an parked it the garage. I will have it out this weekend if the weather holds up for Mother's Day. We are planning a BBQ for the in laws so I can get more detailed pics then. It has twin rotating chrome exhaust stacks in the front of the unit. The rotating stacks allow me to move them if the wind is coming from the wrong direction I can move them to help the flow and keep the draft constant. It works really good too! I had to turn them last night. It heats pretty well, I just gotta get the tuning plates figured out. I'll have to cook on it for a long while I'm sure before I get it figured out. I did turn out some lovely ribs on it today though. Here is a closer pic though for now.

PitE.jpg

Wow - very nice! I am in spot 344 at the GAB - come on over for a margarita or a beer. I may stop over at your spot to get a closer look at your new smoker.

We're going to lure Jeff out to Okie Joe's yet...... We'll be out there. I have wedding and can't cook GAB.
AG

HoDeDo said:
We're going to lure Jeff out to Okie Joe's yet...... We'll be out there. I have wedding and can't cook GAB.
AG

Got a place to crash? Kansas Speedway to Pleasant Hill is farkin' 50 miles! Woodford Reserve Bourbon and 50 miles don't mix...

Nice Rig Bro!! I know that you will have many years and many stories to pass down about your Q and Rig.

Spice

Nice pit! Also, that sure is one big firebox! How about some pics of the internals, and the thing in action. Good luck with your comps!

Jeff_in_KC said:
Got a place to crash? Kansas Speedway to Pleasant Hill is farkin' 50 miles! Woodford Reserve Bourbon and 50 miles don't mix...

Woodford Reserve is to good to mix with anything, only way to drink that is straight up!

Oh, BTW very nice rig.

Wow that is a nice rig
Cant wait to see some action photos and some more detailed shots.

Keep it Smokey

Back