Pizza on the egg

anamosity

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I cooked up some pizza on the egg tonight.
Had a pepperoni, a combo and a Canadian bacon pineapple.
Very delicious stuff. The egg makes for a great pizza oven.

DSC03953.jpg

DSC03954.jpg

DSC03951.jpg

DSC03952.jpg

Wow, you did a great job on your Pizza bro! It looks so delicious.

They look beautiful!

Details? (please)

I can't quite make out the setup - the pizza looks perfectly done - if I get my cheese like that, the crust is a bit too crisp (read: burned).

Wow!!! Do you deliver? :-D Looks fantastic. :cool:

They look beautiful!

Details? (please)

I can't quite make out the setup - the pizza looks perfectly done - if I get my cheese like that, the crust is a bit too crisp (read: burned).

Do you preheat your Egg for long or just get it to Temp and go. I find that If I get it to temp then have a beer and do something else for 1/2 hour the top of the pizza cooks a lot better.

Also be careful with the topings put them on light.

Do you preheat your Egg for long or just get it to Temp and go. I find that If I get it to temp then have a beer and do something else for 1/2 hour the top of the pizza cooks a lot better.

Also be careful with the topings put them on light.

I try to stabilize at temp for a half hour or so prior to the start (Platesetter, egg feet, pizza stone), so I don't think that's it.

I probably need to back off on the toppings - I am an advocate of the "the more the merrier" school of pizza prep :biggrin:.

OK,
The dough is home made. It is Wolfgang Pucks Pizza Dough recipe. The recipe has been posted on here before. Tastes great and is very easy to make.

The setup is a large egg, plate setter and a pizza stone I got from the local restaurant supply store. The owner guaranteed it to no break when using it correctly. I have used it many times in the egg and other than the stains it still works great.
I heat the egg, the setter and the stone up to 500 degrees or so before putting the pizza in. One thing I do is I leave the pizza on the pizza pan for the first 5 minutes so it can set up. Then I slide it off on to the stone. Then it takes about 8 more minutes and its golden and delicious.

On a side note i do not use the egg feet. I think I am going to pick up a set to try. But at current time I do not have them.

Back