You cooking anything for your Valentine?

BobBrisket

Reaction score
I'll have pron later. I've got 1 inch thick prime sirloin steaks, crab legs, and I need to try out my new mandolin slicer so I'll be making some sweet potato chips seasoned with D-Dogs apple rub, and a nice salad. Also got a bottle of Frascati chilling away as I type. Steaks will be a simple Montreal and maybe a dab of butter before serving med/rare. Crab legs......a couple minutes on the Lodge to warm through and a dipping sauce of butter, garlic, pepper, and a few drops of balsamic.
The weapon of choice is the Lodge sportsman, with a 1/2 coal and 1/2 wood fire.
We'll be putting the kids to bed a little earlier too................:twisted::wink:

I'll have pron later. I've got 1 inch thick prime sirloin steaks, crab legs, and I need to try out my new mandolin slicer so I'll be making some sweet potato chips seasoned with D-Dogs apple rub, and a nice salad. Also got a bottle of Frascati chilling away as I type. Steaks will be a simple Montreal and maybe a dab of butter before serving med/rare. Crab legs......a couple minutes on the Lodge to warm through and a dipping sauce of butter, garlic, pepper, and a few drops of balsamic.
The weapon of choice is the Lodge sportsman, with a 1/2 coal and 1/2 wood fire.
We'll be putting the kids to bed a little earlier too................:twisted::wink:

Are you interested in a new boyfriend?

filet of ribeye with lump crab on top and a bearnaise sauce...

Not a Damn Thing!!!!

Actually it's also my Mom's burthday so I'm taking both of them out to dinner...

Not a Damn Thing!!!!

Actually it's also my Mom's burthday so I'm taking both of them out to dinner...

holy moly....if i told my wife, "hey i'm also going to take my mom with us because its her birthday" i'd be sleeping here:

Couch.JPG

Its been his Moms Birthday a lot longer than its been his Sweeties Valentines....Im just saying....

Have a nice top Sirloin I'm going to grill with some cheddar hashbrowns and I've got a no-knead loaf of artisen bread in the oven now!!
I'm real close to popin a bottle of Burgandy or maybe just a vodka/lemonade.
1" to 3" inhes of snow today with dropping temps low of -3 tonight.......
Happy Heartday all.
ModelMaker

I was dumb enough to tell her that I was leaving work at noon to watch the races and it was like maybe you could cook those 2 chickens in the freezer.FARKIN 12+" of snow since I left to go to work this morning.

Its been his Moms Birthday a lot longer than its been his Sweeties Valentines....Im just saying....
Thank you... was a bone of contention in the past with other GF's... wouldn't worry as much about it but since Dad passed it's more important now...

sure every family is different....my mom would actually beat the piss out of me if told her i was going to take her out as well on valentines day...

Brisket chili with weiners on the side. Kid you not. Brisket chili makes great chili dogs.

Things will be smokin'...just not on the smoker! :wink:

sure every family is different....my mom would actually beat the piss out of me if told her i was going to take her out as well on valentines day...
Isn't it amazing that we can be 3 feet taller and out weigh them by 100 pounds and they can still do that to us...

Actually, the GF and Mom get along pretty well, and don't see much of each other... My job tonight is to say 'Waiter, another JD & Coke would be nice'....

I was dumb enough to tell her that I was leaving work at noon to watch the races
FARK!!!! I forgot to set the recorder...

Isn't it amazing that we can be 3 feet taller and out weigh them by 100 pounds and they can still do that to us...

Actually, the GF and Mom get along pretty well, and don't see much of each other... My job tonight is to say 'Waiter, another JD & Coke would be nice'....

FARK!!!! I forgot to set the recorder...

it doesn't help that i'm fairly certain that my wife is the new favorite out of me and all my brothers and their wives....she gave them grandchildren..she's the best....regardless of the part i play/played....

my dad even told me...."don't screw this up....and if something does happen we'll assume its because you screwed it up"...

Thank you... was a bone of contention in the past with other GF's... wouldn't worry as much about it but since Dad passed it's more important now...

Sounds like you are a good man...keep up the good work. Mom's don't live forever. You may look back and be very glad you did all you do.

Back