A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

Count me in for two shirts (one XL & one XXL)!

That's great news about the sausage! I'll be bringing down the makings for Greek Fatties!

There was talk of doing a UDS build demo a while back (I don't remember who and I'm to lazy to look it up). Is that still on? If so, I think Tyler would want to take part.

It looks like no UDS workshop, but we do have several volunteers to help tend pits, etc., overnight. These guys will want to talk bbq, which will help them want to build UDSs for next year, I hope!

Going back to the list... Is anyone planning on being at the PGBBQ not on this list?

BBQ Bubba
Spydermike
Divemaster
Harbormaster
Pigman
hogsbreath
bbq bandit
sfisch
txschutte and son?

Curt im comitted doing this H. Saftey Class.
Family friend is bringing her son and I told her I would be there to help him out.
Sorry, really wanted to attend badly.
Mike

Just got off the phone with Shane... Looks like neither he nor Wyatt are going to make it. Shane is putting in 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Bummer...

Hey guys, just popping in for a bit.

As I've already told Curt, I'm not going to be able to bring Tilly this year. :sad:

My Gma and Gpa went into the nursing home in Jan. and we are having an auction
on the 18th to auction off their house and belongings so we can get them onto
Medicaid and I will be needed on Sun. for set up and such.

I am planning on, I did say PLANNING ON, trying to come over on Sat. afternoon to hang out with my
Brothers for a while, then on to my Mom's house.......as long as nothing else happens....see post in D&R.....:roll::oops::sad:

Last edited:
I was hoping to make it, but I now have way too much going on to miss a weekend with the family. Sorry guys, maybe next year.

My first tshirt guy just fell through; called me and told me he couldn't do it, late in the game. So I'm going to try to get someone that can do 1 color shirts within a week or so; if you know anyone, let me know.

Also, for directions, the best thing to do is use google maps or mapquest, etc. The address is 1222 N. Main St., Dayton, OH 45405. The church has a directions page here: http://daytonvineyard.com/index.php?cat_id=31&page_id=134

Here I thought you guys liked cooking together???????

Ain't winning... Just thinking about the 6 hour drive back after staying up all night...

The 16yo has never really cooked on the Mistress sooooo, you get the idea...

BTW, How did you know Mike would help me out... He posted after you... Roger, you got that ESP thing going again???

Thanks bro!

Last edited:
Ok, nothing yet on tshirts; it's likely we won't have them this year. I used to work with a guy that did shirts, and he called me the other day to say he couldn't do them due to equipment problems. We'll live.

We've had some changes in who will be there, so please PM once more if you are going to be there. Don't PM if you're not.

Here is the agenda as of now:

May 16, 2009:

Show up from noon on at 1222 N. Main Street, Dayton, OH 45405. I have a group of guys that will be there to help set up, so it should be easy.

7:30: dinner. Pat and I are cooking chickens, beans, pies, etc. Appetizers are being done by you cooks. Bob Evans has donated 36 lbs of sausage for fatties for dinner. We were going to do this in the morning, but we'll do it for apps so that the Bob Evans rep can see what we're doing, too. Free sausage. If you want to put rub on fatties, stuff them, whatever, bring that along. Also for apps will be ABTs and MOINK balls. The church staff is joining us for dinner, so try to be there by then. They'll also judge the fatties, ABTs and MOINK balls.

There's a decent chance we'll have ribs and some other stuff, too, from another group in Dayton donating. And it looks like we'll have the 1000 lbs of pork in one form or another. Part of the pork is from a big hog that's being cut up for us, hopefully.

May 17, 2009:
Serving at noon
Cleanup after serving, with help from the men in the men's ministry. We'll also have several of them overnight at pit assistants, wanting to learn more about bbq.

Back