A Pretty Good BBQ 2009

I thought in order to cook on a Lang, you HAD to drink Jack? :cool:
Step 1 - Learn how to mix a drink.
Step 2 - Make Jack & Cokes for whole team and deliver.
Repeat Step 2 until perfected (this could take a while).

(Actually, remember we are to refrain from drinking at this event.)

To let you all know why the rule on no drinking... It's not because we, as a church, think it's evil. It's because we have a lot of people that come to us for recovery. Showing an example on the church grounds that contradicts that could cause harm to some people's efforts.

Im bringing 2ea. 12 by 14 canopys and was kinda hoping we would all be together...........

Jeff I just knew Mike wouldnt leave you stranded.....

This way we can both share Scott he's going to be eatting chili so you may want him by your fire

Kinda hoping Bull was going hang out in camp also....

Ain't winning... Just thinking about the 6 hour drive back after staying up all night...

The 16yo has never really cooked on the Mistress sooooo, you get the idea...

BTW, How did you know Mike would help me out... He posted after you... Roger, you got that ESP thing going again???

Thanks bro!

Roger,
I am not sure that eating your chili and standing by a fire is really compatable unless you want to see some major solar flares and can tolerate the continued smell of burning blue jeans.

Scott

Curt, I wish that I could make it to this one, and help out, going to be in Danville, VA this year, but, I will send all the good mojo that I can....looking forward to your pictures of the event though....

Curt, I wish that I could make it to this one, and help out, going to be in Danville, VA this year, but, I will send all the good mojo that I can....looking forward to your pictures of the event though....
Wish you could too bro... Had a blast at the class with ya! Thanks for the mojo!

Latest update:

3467773939_11bbc188f8.jpg

It's looking like we'll have the meat we need, though it will all be pork this year, no brisket. Pat and I are meeting next week to finalize the menu for Saturday night; we're thinking we may have over 50 people for the dinner.

The bad news: with people donating meat this year, it's not looking good for tshirts. Would the cooks be interested in buying a tshirt (probably around $13), or would you rather just forego the tshirt this year? Honestly, I'd buy them, but I'm still not working.

I've got 10 confirmed people, I think, so far:

BBQ Bubba
Spydermike
Divemaster
Harbormaster
Pigman
hogsbreath
bbq bandit
sfisch
txschutte and son?

Have I missed anyone? If you're not on the list, or on the list and having PMed your contact info, let's get moving! :)

I'll spring for my shirt for sure, and maybe even someone elses if necessary.
I reckon it's just gonna be a pulled pork comp then huh? That's OK. I onluy have to mix one rub then!

yeah, pork only! But keep in mind the MOINK ball & abt comp Saturday evening, and fatties on Sunday morning!!!

Ok... let me know by Friday if you want a tshirt. Plan on $14, and I'll set up Paypal to collect then (price could come down slightly).

A positive note... Bob Evans is supplying sausage to the event for fatties to be made Saturday! We'll do them late on Saturday, so a rep can be there for part of it. So you won't have to buy sausage for fatties.. just bring whatever else you want for making your fatties! With the sponsor helping, everyone gets to make fatties!

Back