THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
FrankenRub, B&B Hickory with a couple of Weber Briqs, mostly pecan and apple with a tad of mesquite. Cook chamber total is 24”. Trimmed chicken flap, seasoned and placed skin up on perforated foil. This way I can rotate everything all at one time toward the fire every 30-40”. Flipped once and removed at 180*. I’m still not eating after 2pm. I’m pretty sure the Bride is not always the happiest, I’m just as sure she is one of the best fed.

Last edited:
Sure does look good sitting there.

Mind if I ask why you choose to cook them to 180?

My guess would be because dark meat turns out better when taken to a higher temp vs white meat. This is why I rarely cook whole birds any more. White meat is so different from dark meat, they should be considered 2 different types of cooks.

Which is hard to do when they are mounted on the same skeletal frame :)

I cook breasts to 160-165 max (even tried 155 a couple times). I cook dark meat parts to 180-200. The longer time seems to help render the fat, etc.

Back