Best of the Best Qualifier, www.sebbq.com Aug.13-15, 2010

HONCHO GREGORY

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It’s that time of year- barbecue time, that is! Time for The 2010 bbq season and the third annual Smokin’ Eagles International BBQ Festival at the Gateway Harbor of the Tonawanda’s, right smack on Sweeney Street where the Canal Fest is held every year.

Being on the Erie Barge Canal brings us a great opportunity for growth and advertisement ability. The whole Erie Barge Canal is part of the New York State Thruway Authority so we get to advertise all along the great New York State Thruway and the historic Erie Barge Canal from one end of the State of New York to the other. So as the word gets out we know this event will grow again this year. With shows on TV like TLC’s BBQ Pitmasters, and others showcasing bbq events around the nation, we expect more folk from around town lickin’ their chops and wanting to enter their rubs, sauces and meats…

We have seen a lot of established events around the country cancel last year but not ours, with the great folks of Western New York; we grew from 18 teams the first year to 27 teams the second year. We in WNY LOVE our food! Despite the inclement weather for the 2009 show, the crowd was estimated at 10,000. The Smokin' Eagles International BBQ Festival would like to wish all of our sponsors a big THANK YOU! for all your support...We would also like to wish a big THANK YOU! to all of our judges, competitors, vendors for your participation...Lastly, we would like to wish a big THANK YOU! to all of our attendees. Despite the inclement weather the festival was well attended and there was plenty of good food and music for everyone!

The 3rd Annual Smokin’ Eagles International BBQ Festival is the ONLY Northeast qualifier for the big event in Douglas, Georgia, where $60,000 in cash and prizes are awarded. We have some of the best bbq teams from the USA and Canada competing for a seat in "The Best of The Best" in Douglas Georgia.

However, you don't have to be a professional to join in on the fun!

Anyone can join in with our back yard competition, where you can showcase you bbq skills, and don't hesitate to bring the kids for the kids grilling contest- we even have an apple pie contest!

We will also train you to be a Certified bbq judge and judge the event, or you can just stop by to eat some of the finest bbq this region has to offer from our vendors.

Hope to see you here!

is this a KCBS sanctioned event or some other sanctioning body?
I believe that it is a non-sanctioned event,the winner gets a ticket to compete in the best of the best down here in douglas ga which is another great non-sanctioned event put on annually,i wish i could make arrangements to be in ny with ya honcho but ill see you in douglas.I would advise anyone who could to try and make this contest.

I believe that it is a non-sanctioned event,the winner gets a ticket to compete in the best of the best down here in douglas ga which is another great non-sanctioned event put on annually,i wish i could make arrangements to be in ny with ya honcho but ill see you in douglas.I would advise anyone who could to try and make this contest.

Thanks for covering for me, I didn't get any e-mails tellin me of any action on this thread. Not sure what I didn't do.

Yes this event is part of Kell's national bbq festival, as a qualifier. The event in Douglas is attended by many of this fourm.If you haven't been in Douglas yet I would hope you would pencile it in this year
Last year there were teams from around the world.
You can fly in and your site will already in place, what ever you need cookers, coolers, anything. the whole town gets in and helps
several teams fly in with thier rubs and sauces and they have everything ready to go, they make you feel like a rock star

Back