• 5 - 7 Hours Wrap for the Second Half of Cooking

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • More than 6 Hours

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other - I'm Not Sharing

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats on that pickup. It's a whole lot easier to set & forget than to fiddle with sticks all day. I hope your ribs turn out great!

Ribs are not going on until tomorrow they were all frozen at the store when I went in yesterday. Maybe that was why they were 1/2 off. I can wait an extra day to save half on baby backs.

I think I am going to just salt and pepper them tomorrow when I pull them out of the fridge. Let them sit out for half hour or so and then let them warm up in the smoker.

I am thinking about letting them smoke for 2 hours at 230' in hickory smoke, then basting them in sauce and foiling them for an hour, then giving them an hour outside of the foil and another basting in sauce. Maybe a quick shot on a hot grill to finish them up.

Anyone have some feedback on this plan for me?

On baby backs is it better to go by temp, time or feel & bend?

Sorry to do this to ya fellas but for my 100th post I couldn't help but add a poll. I think BBQJoe is getting in my head.

I have a friend with a Bradley. He makes some killer jerky. Nice unit. Cannot wait for the results.
Oh and screw HOAS!!

We bought one about a year ago, I was disappointed in the fact that you had to cut the slab of ribs in half to get them in the cooker....but that's just me being picky.

You can get too much smoke in the meat with one of these units. I can't remember what the recomendation of puck usage was, but it is correct, I tried using my own thoughts as to how much was needed, and it was just like eating a tree. YUCK!

Check the Bradley site....They have a forum that has a guy that sells metal pucks that you use for the last 2 in the hopper so that you get the full burn time out of the wood pucks...pretty good idea!

If the Bradley is anything like my Cookshack, you really don't need to foil. The closed box keep moisture in and the food comes out great without foil. I never go my time and temp for ribs. Always by sight and feel. Look for the meat to pull back from the bones about 1/4 to 1/2 inch and the rack should bend easily. 4 - 5 hours should do it depending in the size of the ribs.

some good advise. I better read up on the reccomended amount of wood to feed. Unfortunatly my used model did not come with a user guide. I will check out their site

If it really were Christmas we'd already have pictures to prove it :rolleyes:

If it really were Christmas we'd already have pictures to prove it :rolleyes:

Oh but you will. I have been snapping pics all day throughout the process. Ribs are about 45 minutes from being done but the fattie I did is only at 145 or so.

Most likely I will start a whole new thread late tonight.

I just posted the first pictures under a Thread called "New Smoker - First Test: RIBS with Pictorial Walkthru"

Back