TQ and Tylers 30# wild hog cook pics

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well I was as busy as a cat covering up poo poo today!!!!!
I was finishing Ryans comp cooker

I have entered a sauce competition @ work out of 40 entry's I am in the top ten, the winner will be announced tomorrow 1st place gets an extra large green egg, 2nd gets a large green egg and 3rd gets a webber grill. I hope I win but need none of the cookers.

Then I decided to cook the whole hog my brother brought me that he trapped on the family farm. Here are the pics

I rubbed down with EVOO and some of smoking dink 71 seasoning

me and Tyler took some welding tig wire and pierced the legs and tied them with butcher twine and put back on the cooker in foil

pulled and sauced all in all it came out very good I diud spritz with apple juice, never done that before. I also pored some apple juice in the foil when I wrapped the pig

Wonderful pics, looks like you really were busier than a cat trying to bury it's bizness on a marble floor

Did you skin it first?

That is one large piece of meat to wrap.

Thanks gentleman

Landarc My brother skinned the pig before he brought it to me. It amazes me that a lot of people turn there noses up to wild hogs, for some reason the wild part gets them. I truly believe it is all about how you clean and handle you meat, we have our deer and hogs up to the barn and skinned and washed out very quickly. I personally have never had any gamey tasting meat that we have processed. To date we have trapped over 60 hogs and we are not at the farm that often, they just all the sudden showed up about three years ago and for some reason do not want to leave. We only have 300 acres but it is full of game and hardwoods:-D:-D

Good looking pig you have there Paul. Next time try a 50/50 mix of apple juice and apple cider vinegar, it adds a really nice twang to the meat.

I need to drive down to pay you guys a visit..... get a new smoker and some bumpers for the F150!

very nice work!

Good looking pig you have there Paul. Next time try a 50/50 mix of apple juice and apple cider vinegar, it adds a really nice twang to the meat.

Brother that is why I am on this site... Thanks for the input and will certainly try it next time

Back