rep advisories

Every state has different requirements for ServSafe certification. I took the online course and had to go to Little Rock to be supervised during the test. Paul did have a ServSafe class at the January 2011 banquet -- probably for Missouri or Kansas only. Much of the study program doesn't apply at all to cooking barbeque, like how to measure milk temperature when you take delivery of a shipment of single serve cartons. With that said, knowing proper cleanliness and raw meat handling/storage protocols, safe cooking temps and times, finish temps is very valuable.

I agree with Candy that servsafe is overkill for competition. Temps are already in the rules. Hand washing and gloves are excellent ways to help safety but most teams do not have adequate hand washing setup. Putting on gloves with dirty hands will cut down on the problem but can't be a perfect solution. Most teams do the best they can. Seeing bare hands on tv shows doesn't help The KCBS should have a gloves rule.

I think a hand wash station inspection by reps Friday afternoon or evening by reps would be a good idea. Every team should gave a free flow hot water system with catch pial. You should not use the 3bay sinks.

FYI. I am servsafe certified thru 2014 and have a trailer with a 10 gallon hot water heater that is set to high temp. I always wash hands after the bathroom, a cigar and try every time before gloving. However when doing a box if the gloves get messed with glaze I may change them on the fly without washing hands. Better than not regloving. Same with going from hot meat gloves to food handlers.

So, what is the BOD going to do about updating the Rep Advisories?

Benny

The rules committee is in the process of reviewing all rules and rep advisories and plans to make recommendations to the BOD to clarify and simplify the rules. It will be up to the entire board whether to make any changes or not.

No rules will be changed during the contest year. Any actions taken by the board will not take effect until the 2013 competition season.

The rules committee is in the process of reviewing all rules and rep advisories and plans to make recommendations to the BOD to clarify and simplify the rules. It will be up to the entire board whether to make any changes or not.

No rules will be changed during the contest year. Any actions taken by the board will not take effect until the 2013 competition season.
nice answer, youre getting good at this. Unfortunately Ive heard that exact answer in years past. Guess we'll havd to wait and see

Back