Corned Beef Brisket?

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I saw this at Safeway. Says it is from the point. How would this differ from regular brisket point?ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363226715.491154.jpg

That one is corned. If you smoke it with the proper rub, you will produce pastrami. You need to soak it in water with a few changes of fresh water first to get some of the salt out

OK... Seriously, it's corned beef made from a brisket point. It's beef injected and brined with a brine that includes a cure and seasoning.

Boil it or cook it in the oven or crock pot for corned beef or smoke it for pastrami.

I smoked one once, didnt like it, probably the only thing I ever smoked that I had a hard time eating afterwards. It had been in the womans freezer for a few years but I never liked corned beef after eating it in the Army. Probably the only Army food I never liked.............. I have never tasted pastrami so maybe I wouldnt like that either

Thanks all. I had no idea what corned meant. I actually thought maybe the cow was corn-fed.

I'm more Scotch than Irish, but I love this type of year for the Corned Beef. This is the second year I've been corning my own beef. And just last night I got a nice 5 or 6 lb prepackaged corned point from the store.

Thanks all. I had no idea what corned meant. I actually thought maybe the cow was corn-fed.

Thanks, that was funny. I know you didn't mean to be, but it was.

I enjoy corned beef. When I was in my teen and worked in a grocery store fish department, a nice lady asked me where the corned beef was located. Well I knew exactly where it was. I walked her down the isle and pointed to the cans of corned beef which were located right next to the spam:clap: (two of my favorites). She said, "Not that stuff, the fresh stuff.":twitch:

I thought she was nuts. I never heard of fresh corned beef before. Well I walked her to the meat department and asked one of the butchers for the fresh corned beef in a sarcastic voice and he showed us right where it was:oops:. I stood there with egg on my face for a bit and just looked with enjoyment.

Who knew...obviously not me.:tongue:

. I have never tasted pastrami so maybe I wouldnt like that either

How....what.....you...I mean......never??????

Pastrami is delicious. You should go eat some immediately. You can thank me later.

I just started soaking the flat my wife got at Costco. I can't wait to smoke this little sucker up. I did 2 of them last year, about 12 pounds total, I think we had about 2 lbs left. Small party with big appetites.

in a few hours 6 of these beauties will be going in...smoked on several logs of hickory
rest depot specials...all between 18 to 20 lbs....fresh rye bread...mustard style sauce or add swiss cheese---kraut,,,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back