THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neonnblack

Full Fledged Farker
Figured i'd try pork steaks. I guess we used to have them all the time when we were kids, i never remember having it.

Lit up the weber kettle, and here are the steaks.
20130319_194050_zps24da8771.jpg

Interesting to cook them, they dont cook like chops (shoulda known). I cooked them at 325 ish indirect/direct and the middle of the thickest one was a tad undercooked, i ate it anyways. No blood, im cool with it. Very tasty piece of meat cooked like this, though.

20130319_201706_zps7943bebb.jpg

You cook them more like butts than a chop...because they are just a sliced portion off of a boston butt. Time is key, and tenderness.

That is kind of a funny looking pork steak in that I mean the Y bone isnt prominent. Many butchers who arent familiar will cut the picnic and pass it off as a pork steak. I cook these regularly and always take 2-3 hours cooked low. They are my favorite and I use Maulls KC style sauce at the end.

You cook them more like butts than a chop...because they are just a sliced portion off of a boston butt. Time is key, and tenderness.

i always add onion, salt and pepepr, and a jar of gravy to mine and cook them in a dutch oven until they are fork tender. good eats.

I season them and then cook them direct on the grill. Then take 1/2 foil pan and add my favorite BBQ sauce and steaks and simmer them for about an hour. Tasty Tasty Tasty.

Back