Chesapeake Sam's comp

Theresa B

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Wondering who here is competing in Chesapeake VA this weekend. We are new to comp BBQ and are looking for direction/assistance. We would like to meet some of you at this comp and get alittle mentoring.
Theresa

Widespread- we will, count on it! What time are you arriving Friday?:grin:

Rick & I of Cat Sass BBQ will be there cooking with the Pigs on the Run team.

What a fantastic group of people! We met Jon, Chris and Bob from Widespread, Lionel from Two State, Mark and Rick from Cat Sass and the whole Pigs on the Run team. We had a graet time and congrats to all of you on your calls!

Good meeting you and your hubby. We wish you great success in joining this crazy hobby and business. Thanks for coming out in the rain and supporting us all. Hope to run into you on the circuit again.

Great meeting you! Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

The best way to get going is to volunteer your services to any team who has room for you. Clean dishes, pots & pans; tend the fire (stickburners rule!!!); organize and keep the space clean. You'll learn tons that you had no idea went on to make competition BBQ.

I'm still drying out after this weekend. What a great day to be a duck!

Hey Mark- we talked to tarheel yeaterday about volunteering for BBQ for the Troops 10/14-15. Not a comp but will get us in there and get us some more experience. I thoink he's still looking for cookers and servers.

Theresa, that's great! Any exposure is worth the experience. Just FYI, Rick & I "pit bitched" (actually an affectionate term) and assisted with catering for John of the Pigs on the Run team for two years before we branched out on our own and created Cat Sass. And we still bombed our first comp.

Back