???Question about Popdaddy's Meat Mamma???

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Its a pretty simple question. What do you call this style of cooker with the parallel firebox on the backside of the cooking chamber? Ive seen others just never heard of a name for it.

Or maybe there is no official name for it

Austin National is a popular maker of this style of pit.

Well i guess Shakira pits it is! Unless Popdaddy has another name for it. Something more funky perhaps.

I'm pretty sure he'd call it the Foxy Brown style with the junk in back. I'll call "T" and ask him to elaborate.

On the bag phone?
Only PopDaddy answers the bagphone. Inever really dial, he just answers. He, in turn, calls PitMaster T on the other Bagphone without batteries (pronounced "bat-trees").

I think Austin National stopped making pits... Southern Yankee still does.

If there's no name for these pits, let's call them Shakira pits , since all the hot stuff is in the backside.:heh:

Unfortunately my Pic cue is all full and I cannot add a sexy pic... phil is working on this.

Shairka has got nice titties man. Her face is on the front to... and the stomach and whats below is great when she shaves.

First there was Southern Yankee and a guy that worked for them. Then there was a guy that went on his own about the time that the Southern Yankee went from round to hexoganal. The the guy that left made the round ones and the Southern Yankee made hex one swith one other primary difference... no ash vents from the bottom like the SY.

Then after a few years the ANS got soem bad press when some of the trailers they used were not matching up with the correct vin numbers. Then ANS ended.

I built this pit this way due to the asthetics. I know would have built a freaking box and a sophisticated 1/4 firebox if I had to do it all over again. MY design however has BOTN a rotesserie and staic shelves... it also can smoke at two temps.... It was known for being able to cook at 300 with 12 briskets on the spinners (on the left side) up to stall temp in about 4 hours then we would pull them... and stack and bank them on the right side static shelves and let them juicify at say 250 on the right side all at the same time. Then the briskets when ready went into a cambro and the unit was amost perpetual after that.

Perpetual was that after maybe 6-7 hours you could literally make Q non stop as long as the crew lasted. Constntly shifting pulling off briskets on the spinners, slowing them down on the staic shelves, pulling them off shifting and stacking new ones on. Heck I even used to paper machea the right bankers to seal in juices with wet butcher paper while the left side was hot and fast.

I need to work that machine more.

Hye why didn't you tell me Cheryl's husband was a welder. I have an ELABORATE design for a new firebox for the Brazos Pit. One of the features is a thick assed steel cage that can be easily hinged so that I can throw on maybe 3 or 4 clods or briskets to sear in a CLOSED firebox. I figure 14 minutes in there will save me an hour.

Not to mention the firebox on is warps and is too thin and too loose and has one damn vent on one side.... THE STUPIDEST DESIGN IN THE WORLD is to have a pit with its vents on one side if you can have vents on three. Wind ya know. Anyway the damn pit is gonna have to have farking half tracks when I done. But I need a big welding guy.

Brian is a badass welder, but him finding time is the real question. If you need a 220v welder, Art has one he never uses.

Brian is a badass welder, but him finding time is the real question. If you need a 220v welder, Art has one he never uses.

No I don't wanna fool with it... I wanna draw it out and have someone make it and get it perfect, burn the old one off and set the new one in.

Back