Smoked Pork Risotto

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This is just another option for using smoked pork.
I smoked a few extra cured porkchops when I did my jalapeno cornbread stuffed ones on the Memphis Pro... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90214

9ae85df7-1.jpg

f07a20d2-1.jpg

99533cd3-1.jpg

d88e4446-1.jpg

heated my broth...

b8cf549e-1.jpg

sauteed minced onion, and garlic in olive oil, then added the smoked pork to flavor the oil...
removed from the pan and added the rice...

6b93bccc-1.jpg

Sauteed the arborio rice in the flavored oil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then added 1 cup of white wine...

408f666c-1.jpg

added the broth 1/2 cup at a time stirring constantly until each addition was absorbed into the rice...

8dbc244c-1.jpg

when the risotto became creamy I stirred in the cheese..
keeping with the smoke theme.. I added shredded smoked provolone and mozarella instead of the usual parmesan...

ffc5277b-1.jpg

returned my sauteed onion, garlic, smoked pork to the risotto..

The creamy smoked pork risotto...
It was tasty!

c91ad18f-1.jpg

Just another option for using extra smoked pork.

Thanks for looking!

that looks awesome. you come up with some amazing ideas. i wish i had your imagination in the kitchen.

Oh... My... Goodness!!!

That looks great, Jeanie!

It doesn't help that I haven't eaten yet :-D

Wow, that looks perfect, I love risotto! The first risotto I ever made could have been used to patch drywall, it takes some practice. Yours looks spectacular! Love the idea of using cubed pork, I would have never thought of that.

What is "extra smoked pork"?:wink: All your dishes are so mouthwatering, as is this one.

Cowgirl, your home cooking always amaze me! I thought I knew how to cook, but.. I guess don't! Just keep it coming!

I haven't been around for a bit and then I come back and see THIS....Your Killin me Jeanie....that looks fantastic...

that looks very tasty, jeanie!! will you be my personal chef when i hit the lottery? LOL

Thank you everybody.. it was pretty tasty. :-D

I haven't been around for a bit and then I come back and see THIS....Your Killin me Jeanie....that looks fantastic...
Good to see you back! We missed ya. :thumb:

This looks AWESOME, I just wanted to let you know in my Favorites I have a folder marked Cowgirl just for your recipes.

That is risotto to the 100th power! You are my hero!:wink:

that looks very tasty, jeanie!! will you be my personal chef when i hit the lottery? LOL
Sure Mike, if ya take me fishing every so often. :-D

This looks AWESOME, I just wanted to let you know in my Favorites I have a folder marked Cowgirl just for your recipes.

That is so nice of you to say lionhrt... Thank you! :cool:

George, I would definately share with you. Thanks!

Thank you Bo! It's good to see ya...

That is risotto to the 100th power! You are my hero!:wink:
Max, you are so sweet! Thanks friend...

That's how we do!
Thanks for the pics Doc.!:cool:

Back