Mojo'd Pork Butt

Haveuseen1?

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I bought the Publix brand Mojo Marinade, and let the butt sit in it for 3 days in the fridge, flipping twice per day. At cook time I sprinkled a little granulated garlic, and onion on the butt. That was it. I wanted to use the butt for Cuban sandwhiches, which is what I did. Used my first ever bag of Cowboy lump, cooked at 250-260 until the temp was 165, then I put it in a pan, added some more mojo marinade covered with foil, cooked until probe tender. Was pleased with the results, and the ol' dog waits patiently for the bone.

Attachments

• mojo fire.JPG
    mojo fire.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 148
  • mojo marinade.JPG
    mojo marinade.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 148
  • mojo on kj.JPG
    mojo on kj.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 148
  • mojo temp.JPG
    mojo temp.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 148
  • mojo 165.JPG
    mojo 165.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 147
  • mojo sauced.JPG
    mojo sauced.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 146
  • mojo guard.JPG
    mojo guard.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 147
  • mojo finished.JPG
    mojo finished.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 147
I've only injected with mojo, never marinated. Did you get much penetration into the butt?

Had good flavor. I pulled the pork and added back some of the pan liquor. Was really pleased. I don't know why I didn't inject with some, I guess I wasn't thinking.

My goal was meat foe Cuban sandwhiches and it was perfect for that.

We buy Mojo by the gallon & Publix brand is as good as any. Use it on pork & chicken. One tip for the pork butt, if you are gonna do a 2-3 day soak, go ahead and plug it with garlic; just make hole with a boning knife and insert 2-3 garlic cloves in each hole. IMHO, more is better and the holes also let the mojo get into the meat better. Injection works too. Oh yea, add a little Adobo to your rub.

Back