brethAussieTD8_zpsc511115c.jpg

to make an Aussie sausage roll!
brethAussieTD9_zpse62dcce0.jpg

Baked!
brethAussieTD13_zpsd3b75884.jpg

Starter is served!
brethAussieTD14_zps6bfd93b4.jpg

brethAussieTD15_zpsa6e71299.jpg

Another essential for the Aussie BBQ...'ROO!
brethAussieTD5_zps4857a1dd.jpg

Shallots and turnips
brethAussieTD4_zps48bbec7f.jpg

a shoulder of lamb
BrethAussieTD1_zpsd39b9e8d.jpg

Garlic, rosemary and anchovy filets, rolled up and inserted into cuts in the lamb shoulder
BrethAusieTD2_zps211314bb.jpg

with a smear on the outer
brethAussieTD3_zps69c5ed98.jpg

A platter full of lamb and veges
brethAussieTD10_zpsf6b8f6e8.jpg

Internal shot of juicy lamb with savory herbs and garlic and salty anchovy pockets
brethAussieTD11_zpsc092b0ea.jpg

Plated with mint peas and all the trimmings, and that is the Kangaroo in the front!
brethAussieTD12_zpsbdb574c2.jpg

Now I need a nap...big time.
Hope you enjoyed it!

Throw me a vote here brothers!:biggrin1:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2421816#post2421816

Brilliant cook and presentation Buc,Looks great and will have tongues wagging.
eating one of our national Emblems indeed :pound:

Wow, that looks awesome. Very nice presentation 'n' that stuffed roo looks awesome. I'm sure this will get a lot of attention. Bonza job bloke.

Nice job, Bucc!

Is there a name for the sausage in pastry? Around here most folks call that Pigs in a Blanket.

Well, I was sold at the snags. Then, you added the wonderful roo dish. Man, what a meal. But WAIT! There's MORE!!! Leg o lamb. Damn Buccs, way to knock it outta da park.

Kangaroo :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: What does that taste like?

We Aussies eat both our National emblems. The roo & the emu. Both good tucker. The Americans should try the Bald Eagle! Maybe one could get a good recipe.
For the uninitiated roo meat is very lean, best served rare. It is fine textured and has a slightly gamey taste. Quite close to hanger steak in taste.
Great job on all the cooking. Just shows what a life ban does to your focus!:clap::clap::clap:
John

Kangaroo :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: What does that taste like?

It tastes beefy, with a strong iron taste too.
Most people really like it, even their first time, so long as it is cooked right.

Nice job, Bucc!

Is there a name for the sausage in pastry? Around here most folks call that Pigs in a Blanket.

Our sausages traditionally weremostlybeef, but boringly downunder they have the name of ..."sausage rolls".
The. Acka dacka anthem we often sing "it's a long way to the shops if you want a sausage roll" in place of "it's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll"
:biggrin1:

Well, I was sold at the snags. Then, you added the wonderful roo dish. Man, what a meal. But WAIT! There's MORE!!! Leg o lamb. Damn Buccs, way to knock it outta da park.

Thanks bro!
It's a shoulder, they look like legs at the end because that round forequarter bone pokes out.
I much prefer shoulder, but I never say no to a bit of leg either.:wink:

I went to Australia in college and wasn't able to try any kangaroo. Our chaperone/instructor was a violent vegan, and made it quite difficult to do anything fun.

But I'm going back in October, so I'm gonna eat all the meat I want! Your stuff looks pretty darn good :twisted:

I went to Australia in college and wasn't able to try any kangaroo. Our chaperone/instructor was a violent vegan, and made it quite difficult to do anything fun.

But I'm going back in October, so I'm gonna eat all the meat I want! Your stuff looks pretty darn good :twisted:

Look me up, I'll give you a feed of some prime Aussie tucker!:biggrin1:

Back