Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

The pit runs nearly 24/6 and alternates between two temps. From 8pm to 8am it's at 225 when cooking butts and brisket. Then when that meat gets pulled in the morning, it goes to 270 for cooking ribs, rib tips, chicken, and sausage throughout the rest of the day. Ribs and tips average 2.25-2.5 hours, chicken is about 1.5 hours, and sausage is about 45 minutes.

Question....do you have someone in the restaurant at night while the smoker is going?

Not usually, no. But if there are special big orders that require different timing or something, myself or one of my cooks will go in at some point during the night to do what's needed to make that happen.

The pit runs nearly 24/6 and alternates between two temps. From 8pm to 8am it's at 225 when cooking butts and brisket. Then when that meat gets pulled in the morning, it goes to 270 for cooking ribs, rib tips, chicken, and sausage throughout the rest of the day. Ribs and tips average 2.25-2.5 hours, chicken is about 1.5 hours, and sausage is about 45 minutes.

270 for cooking ribs, Wow I have never cooked ribs that hot. Not saying it's not cool just never tried it. In fact with the volume your doing it's got to work. LOL

Thanks now I'm more confused than ever. LMAO.

Jack
www.PorkInjector.com

270 for cooking ribs, Wow I have never cooked ribs that hot. Not saying it's not cool just never tried it. In fact with the volume your doing it's got to work. LOL

Thanks now I'm more confused than ever. LMAO.

I've always cooked ribs on the hotter side, even before the restaurant. IMO, low and long on ribs is just a pain in the ass trying to balance rendering everything out and keeping them from drying out all while wasting hours of time.

I've always cooked ribs on the hotter side, even before the restaurant. IMO, low and long on ribs is just a pain in the ass trying to balance rendering everything out and keeping them from drying out all while wasting hours of time.

The drying out is a good point I had never considered. Interesting now I have a bunch of options I have to consider.

Thanks
Jack
WWW.PorkInjector.com

When I first started trying to smoke food (on my gasser), I was stuck on that magic number of 225*. Through sites like this and AR, I learned it was always better to cook where your smoker likes to run clean. So, on my WSM, that's around 275* with small variations of +/- 25 degrees. SLC ribs take me almost 4 hours and come out tender, juicy, with just a slight pull off the bone.

I made delicious journey to get bbq

Meant to post yesterday but I was in a food coma after visiting the prized pig, I made it my only destination for the day since I've missed many chances to visit it. I know that everyone on this forum knows that what Jeremy is serving is the real deal, and it honestly is. I even told him as I was stuffing my face that it is gonna be hard to enjoy my own bbq with his place only an hour away. I got the sampler platter (brisket, pulled pork, sausage, potato salad, mac and cheese, spicy pickles, and a huge piece of corn bread) every bite was unbelievably delicious. Jeremy even surprised me with burnt ends right off the smoker, which I saved as my dessert and man are they good. After I finished he gave me a tour around the place and showed off his beautiful new smoker, I picked up a shirt before heading back home. All an all it was a absolute awesome time. I'm really happy to see a brethren succeeding on passion like this and hope that it continues.

Thanks for the good food and the good time, I'll be visiting again soon.

i've always cooked ribs on the hotter side, even before the restaurant. Imo, low and long on ribs is just a pain in the ass trying to balance rendering everything out and keeping them from drying out all while wasting hours of time.

amen!!!

Over the past few days I've read up to page 130. It is very inspiring and reassuring to guys like me who are trying to break into the business to see how much success you've been having. I admire your commitment to quality and service and I'm sure you'll continue to be successful as long as you maintain it. Thank you for sharing your story with us and good luck (not that you'll need it).

Good luck mate, this is something I want to be doing in the next 2-5 years. If i am ever near, i will make sure i come past ! :)

I'd love to follow your advice and buy, but that place would be about 800+k Aussie dollars in an ok location!

I'll have a better update later, but this picture sums up my week. On Wednesday, both walk-ins have every shelf packed with a few thousand pounds of meat. This pic was the state of the walk-in this afternoon. Didn't have a single ounce of BBQ to sell.

24osz05.jpg

That's good!!! New smoker has to earns it's keep.

Back