Chicago Road Trip

tommykendall

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well - regrettably couldn't make the bash but had to do an overnighter Monday night in the Chicago area. Did not eat Q. Landed in Chicago 9:30pm Monday. Thought I'd give Chicago deep dish pizza one last try. Ordered a pie from Giordanos. If Chicago invented something bad deep dish pizza is on the top of the list. If they copied deep dish from somewhere else - shame on them. Deep dish - you love it or hate it. Tuesday - my buddy says "where do you want lunch?". No farking brainer for me - Portillos. Ordered an Italian beef with hot peppers and a jumbo dog loaded. That my friends was the trip - hasn't changed in 16 year since the last time I was there. Between every farking bite I told my friend how much I've missed that place and how much I will miss it when walking out. POrtillos - don't miss it.

Greg,

Is it just me, or do people have a penchant for coming here, leaving, and then telling us they came AFTER they farking been here.

That Portillos you went to was accross the street from farking Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise"

Yeah, happens all the time. I think he said something about it though this time, and I knew I couldn't make it.

He called me on his way to the airport to leave Dallas so don't feel bad.

I told Greg and send ChiBill a PM well beforehand, but ChiBill was having some tough times and I guess overlooked it.

I'll lrt you off the hook,,,,this time

cuz i;m never wrong

just get your ass to midwest bash

4 times better than east coast

OK boss -

Did anyone lick Mary's neck at the Bash?

Howz the JD tonight Bill? I'm trying to drink Tecate with lime and salt.

What do you mean "love or hate". Pizza is just like sex. Some is better than others, but it is all good.

Wayne said:
What do you mean "love or hate". Pizza is just like sex. Some is better than others, but it is all good.

Outside of Brooklyn, Pizza is like a trip to first base. Only in Brooklyn is it a home run.

Wayne said:

Unless it smells like anchovies! :lol:

Back