My new hot dog machine!

J-Rod

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I know it ain't Q, but figured I'd share it anyway. We got this little hot dog roller to put in our bar so we could have tasty dogs while we watch the game. Have to say this little guy works really well for being a cheapo model. It has five rollers and four spaces between and will cook up to eight dogs at once depending on the brand/length. The bun warmer, which relies on heat rising from below, is located in the top compartment and doesn't really do much other than dry out the buns so we don't use that "feature". Since our bar area is usually on the dimly lit side of things, I decided to add a four watt nite lite to the top compartment so it would light up the unit and the dogs while they cook. Nothing like seeing tasty, glistening dogs rolling slowly when you're getting hungry and you have a beer in hand and a game on!
IMG_3079_zps0a5c1a5d.jpg

Gimmie a hot dog with the WORKS!
IMG_3121_zps27e6cc2c.jpg

that is just awesome. I love me some good hotdogs.

How long does it take to cook the 8 dogs at one time?

Great idea,now if only I had a bar

Oooooooooo...drug and dime store hot dogs. Just need a buttered bun hot off the griddle...One of my favorite child hood foods. Sweet little machine you got there.

OK, I want one. I've been planning my new bar for the basement in my head. I think I may need to save room for a hot dog roller. :thumb:

You are going to have to roll them for a couple of days to get that authentic taste though.

Kidding aside, the added lights really kick it up a notch.

How bad is the clean-up?
Not bad at all. The metal roller unit slips right out for easy washing. I've fond if you run it at medium heat the rollers don't get so hot as to have the grease burn onto them. Then you can almost just wipe them off with a damp paper towel. There's also a slide-out drip tray below the element, which makes things cleaner too.

How long does it take to cook the 8 dogs at one time?

I like to run at medium heat(see above) so it takes maybe a half hour or so. If you crank it up more it'll do them in less time but there's a little more cleanup involved on the rollers.

You are going to have to roll them for a couple of days to get that authentic taste though.

Kidding aside, the added lights really kick it up a notch.

LOL just like the authentic "aged" hot dogs from 7-eleven!

Thanks, I really like the lights.

Back