Charcoal recommendation for PBC with PartyQ?

qposner

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've added a PartyQ to my PBC and am wondering about trying other charcoal brands aside from Kingsford original. However, I really don't have any experience with them. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Quinn

:popcorn: You just asked a very controversial question.

Use what you like. I can tell you that some pits like different charcoals better. So, for example, my UDS does not run well on lump. It works very well with briquettes, and recently I found it does exceptionally well with Kingfords Comp. Next I will try stubbs and see if it does any better... though looking at the graph it pumped out on my heatermeter the Kingford Comp made my UDS look like it performed like a Kamado

I prefer a hardwood briquette like Stubbs or Royal Oak Chef Select. I think the flavor is better and there is less ash.

I've been using Stubbs after the latest Lowes sale when I picked up a few bags. Runs fine in the PBC but I can't speak to the use with a PartyQ.

I have used lump, Stubbs briquetts, and Kingsford pro and my UDS seems to prefer the Stubbs

I really like Stubbs in my PBC. I did a brisket today and my original basket of briquettes is still burning after eight hours. Kingsford original has a distinct taste that I personally don't care for. I want my BBQ to taste like meat, not chemicals.

I really like Stubbs in my PBC. I did a brisket today and my original basket of briquettes is still burning after eight hours. Kingsford original has a distinct taste that I personally don't care for. I want my BBQ to taste like meat, not chemicals.

I was thinking the same about KO. Bought a bag of Stubbs and will try it tonight.

Back