KCBS Vegas 2009 It is ON

Ok,make all the plans you want,I GUARENTEE the contest will NOT happen on the dates they have listed on the KCBS site.If I were you I would schedule the time off at work,make your room reservations,and heck go buy all your meat and supplies for those dates as well.I however being that I spoke to the organizer of this event at a comp recently would do nothing at all anfd again,wait until entry forms,website,etc. are up AFTER the first of the year. The organizer IS speaking it up at the CBBQA forum,take a look.

blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah. mmmmmmm blah blah blah blah.
Have a nice day. Don't worry be happy.

Ok,make all the plans you want,I GUARENTEE the contest will NOT happen on the dates they have listed on the KCBS site.If I were you I would schedule the time off at work,make your room reservations,and heck go buy all your meat and supplies for those dates as well.I however being that I spoke to the organizer of this event at a comp recently would do nothing at all anfd again,wait until entry forms,website,etc. are up AFTER the first of the year. The organizer IS speaking it up at the CBBQA forum,take a look.

YankeeBBQ likes to get around, and he was simply asking for additional factual information to help plan next season. If Thom has information that he can share, he's more than welcome to do so here if he likes.

Holy cow! You are really living up to both your screen name AND your team name...BBQCzar of the BBQ Bullies. Please don't take my lunch money!

That's enough.

I've cleaned up the mess.

Winter hasn't set in, so there is no reason for anybody to be this stir crazy. Keep it reasonably on topic, or take it to Woodpile.

This is the response I got a few weeks back when I asked to be put on the mailing list for applications:

absolutely ,fyi it is and open event meaning anyone can compete entry fees are $350-500-celebrity row 1,000 all fees should be made out to MARQUEEVENTURES LLC and mail to marqueeventures 3690 howard hughes parkway suite 500 att lester smith las vegas nv 89169

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:48 AM, <RWise10230@aol.com> wrote:
Please add me to your list for cook-off team applications.

Look in a couple of weeks you all will understand what is up with this

Our money Guy wants to connect to a much larger event with music
Like a one day Stagecoach, Big crowds , Music all day

There is one event in March that may work and another in the Fall
Both are 1st class and would be KILLER

So the original date and site are unlikely
But its Vegas enough said...............

On the sites and entry fees we hope to have a mix
of basic entry at $300ish all the way up to deluxe
"team next to you are guys from TV and or the NFL"
at $1000ish

at $1000ish

Will you be competing for the same prize money whether its the $350 entry fee or the $1000?

So we have a contest at the Orleans, than another at the Rio (GC's only). Thom which event are you running?

Which one is moving to a fall 09 date?

I hear that the Orleans is on schedule.

Last edited:
What way would you be referring to?
That I dont give you all the facts
:) Much of the time facts have not been decided

LOL I had a plan started working it Like a dog running and barking then
YANK ran out of chain They asked to stop while
they are expanded the event
Yes neat packages are much nicer
But half way into wrapping the package they decided to
make it a motorcycle not a bicycle

So I could just not say anything and let folks buy airplane tickets and book rooms
or I can try to be honest and share those facts that I can
I think you would prefer the latter

What I meant Thom, was that IMHO you shouldn't have said anything until all the details were complete and finalized. I've seen this time and time again on the CBBQA forum.

I only mention it because I think you are really good for BBQ. Your passion is quite obvious. I think have someone with your love of BBQ and your passion on the KCBS BoD would be good for BBQ in the West. But as you may have noticed communication is a key factor for many people in deciding who they vote for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomEmery
at $1000ish

Is this something you can answer?

Will you be competing for the same prize money whether its the $350 entry fee or the $1000?

What I meant Thom, was that IMHO you shouldn't have said anything until all the details were complete and finalized.

The details were set then a new sponsor come on board and he said
Sure I am in but make it bigger................ So that is where we are today

When the money Guys say make it bigger
It gets bigger
Or I could be rigid and say
No way we have started LOL
Yea right

There is a lot more to this But I was asked to not share the details of another similar event

Thank you Thom for replying to this again.I tried to let some know about the dates not being set,etc.earlier but they took it the way,way, wrong way.In guess sometimes when you try to help people they just don't take it very well,strange .We will just hold on tight till everything is in place and all is known.

Back