Fish Tacos

I've eaten them a few times at my neighborhood bar and grill.

I don't know if this is some kind of classic recipe, but here's the description of what they serve;

3 flour tortillas stuffed with spicy breaded white fish, shredded cabbage, cheese, lime vinaigrette, tomatoes, sour cream, and salsa.

And that spicy breaded fish is SPICY!

I really like them a lot although I haven't been ordering them lately.

Does that sound like a normal fish taco or are there major variations? They are the only ones I've had.

Love em...

Grilled snapper with black bean and corn salsa on corn tortillas.

I love fish tacos. I had them first in San Diego, but they sell them at Boneheads, a chain in the Atlanta area. Also, this term is great for hijacking threads...

Thanks for the replies guys - I know I was walking the line with the title here..... :shock:
Norco - I am with you, I don't eat any seafood so this is very foreign to me.
We are having company on Saturday and I am trying to come up with a menu that will be pretty easy so I am thinking of chuckie and chicken tacos. Since I am a serious carnivore, I would just go with beef but.... Was also going to do some pizzas on the egg as appetizers - if we have more ripe tomatos by Saturday.
Anyother suggestions???

I like the fish either smoked or grilled and the taco topped with chipotle slaw.

010-5-1.jpg

015-2-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

Freshly caught Flounder tacos

This was tonights table fare..

1. soaking in some Louisiana hot sauce
2. batter, batter, what the matter....
3. fried to a golden crisp
4&5. plated on our finest china :) with some black bean salsa The Redhead made up

Last edited:
I love fish tacos myself.

We have a local joint that makes them with Seared tuna. Let me tell ya, the whitefish tacos are awesome, but tuna takes it over the edge.

Fish Tacos - blackened yellowfin tuna with choice of soft or crunchy tacos
filled with cheese, sour cream, shredded cabbage, and pico de gallo. Served with
beans and rice - 8.95
http://www.mossfire.com/dinner.pdf

I like the fish either smoked or grilled and the taco topped with chipotle slaw.

I totally stole your recipe the other day. (used tilapia instead of cod though) Delicious. :)

I love fish tacos myself.

We have a local joint that makes them with Seared tuna. Let me tell ya, the whitefish tacos are awesome, but tuna takes it over the edge.

Fish Tacos- blackened yellowfin tuna with choice of soft or crunchy tacos
filled with cheese, sour cream, shredded cabbage, and pico de gallo. Served with
beans and rice - 8.95
http://www.mossfire.com/dinner.pdf

I totally stole your recipe the other day. (used tilapia instead of cod though) Delicious. :)

Hey Jax191, I'm glad you liked it!:cool:
I'm guessing you saw it on my blog?

Back