New BBQ Mag coming out = "Popular Plates - BBQ"

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
I have a friend who just e-mailed me the following regarding a new print BBQ magazine coming out :

Hi Vinny

I'm sure you don't get the Road Food EMail newsletter, so I thought I'd pass this along. Road Food is the brainchild of a married couple (the Sterns) who have been traveling all over the country writing up Diners, Drive-ins and Dives long before Guy Fieri even thought of the idea. BBQ is a big part of what they review and talk about, so they decided to start a BBQ magazine.

The first issue is just about to come out and here's the squib on it:

Our barbecue magazine is out! Aptly titled BBQ, it is printed on beautiful glossy stock and is loaded with pictures, reviews and recipes for travelers and pit-cooked meat lovers everywhere. It contains no advertising, just lots and lots of barbecue! You can check out some samples of it at www.popularplates.com or order the magazine at www.circsource.com/store/Subscribe.html?offerId=3950&sourceCode=I0GBNN. It is the first of a series of single-topic issues we will be doing, and if you like what you see, you can order a year's subscription (4 issues).

Issue - $9.95
One year : $39.95 (4 issues)

Thought you'd be interested.

See you next week.

XXXX

Last edited:
Thanks for the information Vinny!
Diners, Drive Inns and Dives is my favorite food show!

I just purchased the magazine from our grocery store rack and let me tell you it's good. Very high quality print and fantastic photos and recipes. I highly recommend it.

Thanks, just ordered the BBQ issue.

And on the topic of Triple D, it is my favourite Food Network show as well.

The mag looks great, but I think it's odd that it costs more to get the 1 year subscription than to just buy the magazines. Usually, a subscription means you get something of a price break, not a $.15 premium added.

The mag looks great, but I think it's odd that it costs more to get the 1 year subscription than to just buy the magazines. Usually, a subscription means you get something of a price break, not a $.15 premium added.

Yeah, that was strange. I think I'm going to see if I can find a copy locally and decide if I like it then subscribe to make sure I get more. I like that it's only 4 issues, that way they can take their time to make sure they put together something worth reading, rather than rushing to put out monthly or even bi-monthly issues filled with ads and boilerplate.

I'll swing by books-a-million on the way home and see if they have a copy.

It is like the road map to Flavor Town.

Looks grate (sic).. But shouldn't it be called "Popular Grates"? C'mon, think people!

Cheers!

Bill

I'll wait to see if they can do a whole year of issues first...no need to get burned again on the whole BBQ magazine deal! LOL!!

seems a bit pricey. Bet you can get all of that plus alot more right here

It is the first of a series of single-topic issues we will be doing, and if you like what you see, you can order a year's subscription (4 issues).

I don't think its a BBQ magazine. Just this issue is devoted to BBQ. I'm still gonna look for it. :cool:

Yeah I don't know the format but the bbq issue is real good. And yes you can get any and all info her or on the web but if your looking for a good bbq mab/issue this one is it. I just hope they keep it up.

Back