Green Chile Sauce...

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
A while back, I picked up a book from the library "Mexican cooking for dummies" Good read!:p Saw a recipe for this...man was it good!...Simple sauce...Roasted Tomatillos, onions, garlic, serano, poblano and jalapeno peppers w/ olive oil, s & p...didn't have cilantro... mixed it up in my proccessor, thined it out w/ a little water.I grilled up some Tritip steaks, and layered it on...very, very good! Tangy, spicy... I had some leftover, and made a Pork Verde? Not sure whats it called actually...:icon_blush: L/O pulled pork, simmered in the Green Chile Sauce...wrapped in a tortilla... Amazing...good all around sauce...enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• DSCF1053.jpg
    DSCF1053.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCF1056.jpg
    DSCF1056.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCF1061.jpg
    DSCF1061.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCF1066.jpg
    DSCF1066.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Man, Keale, I can almost taste that green goodness just threw the pics you posted. Everything looks outstanding!

Nice looking grub there Keale, chile verde is pork chunks simmered in green chile sauce. Not quite what you have there, but, it still looks tasty.

That sauce has some good lookin' things underneath.

Nice looking grub there Keale, chile verde is pork chunks simmered in green chile sauce. Not quite what you have there, but, it still looks tasty.

Actually, most chile verde recipes do contain tomatillos.

The attached picture shows the grill I use in my UDS for roasting tomatillos, various green peppers and onions for the vegetable base for my version of chile verde. Then I pulse the veggies in a blender and into a large pot with pulled pork then simmer for a few hours.

PS: tomatillos are easy to grow and very productive

PSS: great job Keale

Last edited:
That looks great. My wife is looking for something like that.

Can you approximate the ingredient amounts for us?

I Want Some.....

Oh boy does that look good.... Nicely done Keale..............mmmmmm.............mmmmmmm

My invite musta got lost in the Mail!!!!

Outstanding Looking Eats!!!!

Dayum Roy...you been practicing! :p Awesome pics! :biggrin:

Nate! I coulda sworn I mailed you an invite? Better check the mail again!:p

I guess I didn't make a green chile sauce, but a Tomatillo Sauce? What ever it was it tasted good!:p

Approx. Ingredients

1 1/2 lb. fresh tomatillos2 green chiles, charred, peeled and seeded
3 jalapeno chiles, partially seeded, veins removed

1-2 serano chiles
1-2 cans Poblamo chiles, didn't have fresh...
2 cloves garlic
1/2 c. chicken broth (used water with this batch)
1 tbsp. light oil
1 tsp. ground cumin (to taste)
1/4 to 1/2 c. cilantro, snipped
Salt to taste
2 tbsp. lime juice (I used lemon juice, thats all I had)
1 tsp. sugar

Coated vegies with oil, s & p
Broiled in the oven, until roasted...
Mixed in food proccessor...
I simmered the sauce a little while, it blended everything together nicely... enjoy

Thanks for the recipe. For the "charred, pelled" you charred and then threw away the charred flesh or mixed some in?

lovin the pron! I frequent the local taco wagons around my area, they have some of the best burrito con lengua I've ever had. They always have green chili sauce out, so I smother everything I'm eating in it - it is my favorite salsa. I really want to make my own - now I have a recipe. In your pic, I see onions, but I don't see onions in the recipe. I'm sure they make a great addition nonetheless. Thanks keale. My cousin just got back from kauai, he was workin down at the corn seed plant for 3 weeks. He went pig hunting while he was there. How's that meat on the Q?

Thanks for the recipe. For the "charred, pelled" you charred and then threw away the charred flesh or mixed some in?
oops... I used 1 big onion, for this recipe...I left the charred flesh on, better tasting!:p

I don't care for the local boar/pigs here, a little too gamey for my tastes, they usually marinate and smoke thick strips of the meat, but its usually high heat, comes out like jerky, than they stir fry, very good stuff!

I love Green Chile sauce, i might have to make some this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Back