Backwoods Smoker Durability

ccarter

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
BWS owners,

How has your smoker held up? I'm trying to decide between a new Chubby and a used Party. I definitely would like the extra room of the Party, and it will be discounted a little since it's used, but I'm curious how well your smokers have held up? The used Party is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 years old and has been cooked on "about 2 dozen times." I can tell it'll definitely be well broken in, but how have your smokers lastest before you started seeing a need to replace parts like grates, charcoal trays, diverters, and water pans? What about the seals around the cabinet doors? I'd appreciate any insight anyone has. The seller is a brethren, and appears to have a pretty good reputation. I'll get to see the unit in about 2 weeks.

From what I have read, they are very well built. Ihave heard that the chubby and party's aren't as well built as the bigger ones but I find that hard to believe.

Not a direct reply, but if you can look past the new, and old comparison just decide which one really will fit your cooking better, in most cases bigger is better (within reason).

Sounds like it is just seasoned, best of luck with the purchase.

Eric

Back