Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Red, White and BBQ, Westmont, IL - May 24 & 24, 2009

A letter from the Lions

Just got a letter from the comp.(The Lions Club) Apparently, they are strictly enforcing the 20x20 site size. How is this going to work with those in trailers and motor homes?

I'm pretty sure we can fit all our stuff in a 20x20, but we'll likely need to park the truck offsite.

Shouldn't they have mentioned this on the application, like say...Arthur?
(From Arthur's site "We will provide cooking space, an adjacent parking space, and electricity and water within a reasonable distance to each site, for each team, General Arrival/setup 7am-10pm Friday Oct 10. We are planning for one main team vehicle, one main (trailer sized) cooker, and a pop-up prep tent per team")

I really like having a comp in our backyard, and don't mean to complain to loudly, it just seems like they could have said something prior to 4 days before the event:icon_sad

Just sayin'

On the other hand, they really don't make it clear at what point the villages contribution was withdrawn, so maybe they didn't know when they put out the applications. Whatever, looking forward to 3 days from now! I'm sure in the end it will be a great event! :-D

Just got a letter from the comp.(The Lions Club) Apparently, they are strictly enforcing the 20x20 site size. How is this going to work with those in trailers and motor homes?

I'm pretty sure we can fit all our stuff in a 20x20, but we'll likely need to park the truck offsite.

Shouldn't they have mentioned this on the application, like say...Arthur?
(From Arthur's site "We will provide cooking space, an adjacent parking space, and electricity and water within a reasonable distance to each site, for each team, General Arrival/setup 7am-10pm Friday Oct 10. We are planning for one main team vehicle, one main (trailer sized) cooker, and a pop-up prep tent per team")

I really like having a comp in our backyard, and don't mean to complain to loudly, it just seems like they could have said something prior to 4 days before the event:icon_sad

Just sayin'

On the other hand, they really don't make it clear at what point the villages contribution was withdrawn, so maybe they didn't know when they put out the applications. Whatever, looking forward to 3 days from now! I'm sure in the end it will be a great event! :-D

actually it did say on the app that 20x20 will be strictly enforced...as quoted below..

NOTE: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]We will be strictly enforcing site sizes. If you have a 21’ or larger rig, you must purchase an additional site (additional site space may be split between 2 competitors. You are solely responsible for setting this up and notifying the BBQ committee with your application). Space is limited to the first 60 teams only. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]

Dann, they have announced it... I've been on them since the beginning to enforce it. When it was the old set-up going down the street, teams that only paid for a 20' spot were easily taking 40', so they wouldn't have to unhook their trailers. I applaud them for finally going to strickly enforce it. I have had to pay for an extra space since this contests inception... So don't think that us teams in our large rigs don't pay... And I believe you know how much I have helped to get this contest off the ground....

If you didn't pay, I would suggest bringing a check book or cash... :twisted:

The weather looks like it's going to be glorious. See everyone this weekend. PM me if you need anything or need directions... The letter that was sent out was right on for directions. Don't forget... We have a White Castle, so if anyone wants to go and get some of their pulled pork sandwiches!!!! :roll:

Big O' Dang O' BBQ will be there from So. IL
Scottie, sorry I didn't get around to introduce myself at the Edwardsville Contest.
Every time I saw you...you were headin into the trailer or busy with someone or something else.....cya there

I'll be there Friday... Want to get an early start on my driving!!!!! Might even stop at the gas station, just for a ceremonial putting gas in my RV.... :rolleyes:

actually it did say on the app that 20x20 will be strictly enforced...as quoted below..

NOTE: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]We will be strictly enforcing site sizes. If you have a 21’ or larger rig, you must purchase an additional site (additional site space may be split between 2 competitors. You are solely responsible for setting this up and notifying the BBQ committee with your application). Space is limited to the first 60 teams only. [/FONT][/FONT]

My bad Scottie! Guess I should read more closely!!!:oops: Thanks for showing me the error of my ways!

If nothing else, it was a way to bump this thread:roll:

Looking forward to a great weekend!

My bad Scottie! Guess I should read more closely!!!:oops: Thanks for showing me the error of my ways!

If nothing else, it was a way to bump this thread:roll:

Looking forward to a great weekend!

uuuhh..im Bill not Scottie :?:

I'll be there Friday... Want to get an early start on my driving!!!!! Might even stop at the gas station, just for a ceremonial putting gas in my RV.... :rolleyes:

You gonna have the Red Room setup Scottie?:-D
Although im close to enough to go home for the night to warm my Greek blood

Who needs a red room when you have a bottle of Jack... OK, that might not work so well for you now though....

No red room. Nothing beats a little chill in the air when I am sleeping in the RV... :icon_blush:

hah..As much as I loved a good bottle (or two) of Jack it never kept me warm..i kept drinking it an drinking it but never got warm :)

Don't forget your No Dose or Energy drinks for the long ride....:tongue:.

See everyone this weekend!

uuuhh..im Bill not Scottie :?:

But you look sooo much alike :biggrin:

We're packed and hitting the road tonight. I figure if I drive at an idle I should make it there by Friday morning. :rolleyes:

Back