Now, that looks delicious, but...

It's a niche and exclusive market. More power to them, and I'm sure it's an excellent cut. I could never afford it myself, but I'm not their market either so...

I can't afford a Lamborghini either, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have one. A late seventies Countach would be fun.

Hard for anyone with a thermopen to complain about those prices. Who am I to talk though. I have a $500 pair of bear claws, a three hundred dollar smoke generator, and a thousand dollar knife.

Really... I have a thermopen but can't afford those prices. If you bought a thermopen for one time use then I can get on board with that line of thought.

IMO the type of meat is cruel as the marbling comes from grain feed beef. Cows are grass eaters. I supply my family of 4 with 2 years of grass fed beef that is locally sourced in NH for a fraction of the cost.

That said, I would never have known of this product or price in the OP as I have no reason to search for it. Cheaper than a $500K tuna for sushi. On the up side you don't ruin the raw tuna on the grill.

However, I would be more than happy to provide a detailed review of the product if shipped to my door and cooked on my free weber kettle. To each thier own

A couple guys I know are using this for "carpaccio of deckle". The dish costs in the neighborhood of $125 and it is a scant 3 oz of beef.

A certain NY Times critic called it 0rgasm1c.

I was stealing these off the ribeyes over 10 years ago. Albeit humble prime.

That being said. It is too rich for my blood, but I would own the throwdown that had it for a prize.

I thought the deckle was off the brisket?

IMO the type of meat is cruel as the marbling comes from grain feed beef. Cows are grass eaters. I supply my family of 4 with 2 years of grass fed beef that is locally sourced in NH for a fraction of the cost.

I must disagree. Would it make you happier if you knew the cows were only eating fresh grains and the grass in a field?

Cows are herbivores. The eat trees, grasses, and grains naturally.

Teleking said:
I thought the deckle was off the brisket?

It is. Both are the "deckle". And properly so.

I personally know some West Texas beef ranchers that would have a good laugh over this. But heck if somebody wants to pay that much more power to you.

"There's a sucker born every minute."

That said, I would never have known of this product or price in the OP as I have no reason to search for it. Cheaper than a $500K tuna for sushi. On the up side you don't ruin the raw tuna on the grill.

Actually, didn't have to do any searching. Someone mentioned a while back how good their brisket quality was, I looked at their site, thought maybe someday, and signed up to be on their mailing list.

Ultimately - everyone has certain things that they're willing to pay for to get "the best". I have friends with home audio equipment that costs more than my car, but I can't hear the difference. I have other friends that buy bottles of wine or bourbon that cost more than I spend to take my whole family out to a nice dinner. And I have friends with more money in BBQ equipment than I have in my kids' college savings. But that's OK - it's their choice, and they wanted the best.

Well said. You'd think there would be a better reception considering there are folks here buying your BBQ cuts for that extra edge to win. I mean if you want to talk about "wasteful" money (not that I agree), how about buying a $150 brisket that cost another $50 to get shipped to you, then paying $250 for the privilege of cooking it in a high-pressure situation in order to serve someone a single slice and a 1" cube off the point? But folks do it, because they're trying to serve the very best so they can win a little cash, a cheap trophy, and bragging rights (at least until next weekend).

2 Thermapens (because of the speed differences in red and green)

I laughed at this one, well done sir. :mrgreen:

Back