Mountain Grove

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
It was a good contest with the weather holding out until turn in time and then it showered sporadically. The trains come through town 36 times a day according to one of the volunteers that lives there, I think he meant 46 times a day.

It was a special contest for me because my wife came along to help and we even brought our dog, most times I cook by myself and it was my first contest with my new Spicewine.

My scores were fairly consistent, except for the 787387 in chicken appearance. Did I mention St Louis Rich was there judging, haven't heard that name in awhile. I managed an 8th in ribs and 10th for pork, so I am a happy camper and I at least have one different color ribbon to to add to my collection of all browns.

Got to meet a lot of good folks and wished I could have gotten around too a lot more, maybe next time. Mountain Grove talks like they really have some big plans in the works for upcoming contest so keep an eye open for this one to become a lot bigger and better. I will post top 10 later on.
Dave
Tuff Rub

I think a good time was had by all. I set up next to Great Grills, enjoyed hangin' out with you guys, and got to meet Mo-Dave and Captin Caveman. It's always great to spend time with old friends and meet new ones.

Sounds like a good showing and glad to hear the new Spicewine help get you a ribbon.

Here are the top 5 results. It was a great weekend.

Over
1 Let's Kick Some Ash
2 BBQ'ers Delight
3 Great Grills O' Fire
4 Wildfire
5 Rub it till it Smokes
Ch
1 Let's Kick Some Ash
2 Yellow Jacket BBQ
3 Great Grills O' Fire
4 Two Fat Daddy's
5 Hot Flash BBQ
Rib
1 BBQer's Delight
2 Buffalo's BBQ
3 Let's Kick Some Ash
4 Hit and Miss
5 Wildfire BBQ
Pork
1 Let's Kick Some Ash
2 Blazen BBQ
3 BBQer's Delight
4 School Yard BBQ
5 Rub it till it Smokes
Brisk
1 Let's Kick Some Ash
2 Rub it till it Smokes
3 Steves Services
4 Hogzilla
5 Hit and Miss

It was great to meet with Slat, Mo-Dave, and Great grills this weekend.
Good people, all of them. I look forward to running into you at more comps.

Congrats, Mo-Dave! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend with company doing this one with you:0) Happy to hear you have a new color to add to your collection....keep it going!

Back