Chili Winner Here

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jon
Last weekend my wife and I headed to Door County for the annual Winter Festival in Fish Creek. I have been entering the Chili Comp for the lst 8 years. This year I had mixed feeelings on my entry and decided to add something. I fired up my crock pot Saturday morning in the condo and had one our freinds do some taste testing. What does it need? I asked. She said more heat. So out come the spices and I added about 4 Tblsp of Todd's Cajun Dirt and about 4 Tbsp of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Bingo that was it. I drove my wife and our freinds down to the contest and asked my wife to take it in and sign up while I park. She did so, under her name. Well we finished 6th in the judges voting and after that anyone can pay $5 to taste test all the chili you want. You also get one vote for the "Peoples Choice". Last night we got a call from the committee and we won the Peoples Choice Award. I thought we may be in the running, as my 7 quarts of chili was gone in about an hour. So the wife gets some assorted goodies and gets to be a judge :shock: in next years comp. Now, who do I get to take my chili in next year:doh::doh:

Congrats on the win.
Next time play to the judges. Get her to deliver it.
cierrasnow_114.jpg

Congrats- I've been working on my chili recipe the last few weeks getting ready for a comp in April- I think I found a winning combo. Again congrats- Judges? the people know better.

Congratulations Bluesman! You do know that it's Brethren tradition that you give us all your winning recipe right?:p I am a chili fanatic in search of the perfect chili so I must have your recipe!

P.S. If you want to break tradition and not share with everyone, kindly PM me with it.:wink:

That is awesome!!! congrats to you. We have been been putting Bayou DIRT in our chili, and everyone goes crazy for it.

Can I put your post on the Todd's DIRT fan page on Bookface?

Okay guys here it is.

Door County Peoples Choice Award Winning Chili

Ingredients:

3 - 3.5# chili grind chuck
1 large can Sacramento Tomatoe Juice
1 can tomatoe paste
2 cans tomatoe chunks
3 sweet onions chopped
1 each red and green bell pepper chopped
5 cloves chopped garlic
3 Anaheim peppers cored and sliced into chunks
1 1/2 tblsp Cumin
5 Tblspn Todd's Bayou Dirt
1Tblsspn Sea Salt
3 Tblespn cracked pepper
2 Tblspn red pepper
2 Tblspn chili powder
3 -4 Tblspn Frank's red Hot Sauce
Add water as needed. I use to use beer but this was better IMHO.
Put the beer in You!!!!!!!

Now use the seasoning to your liking. My measurments are merely a guide and are also added while drinking. So you mileage may vary. Cook like you would normal chili. You know, brown the meat, put the veggies and sauces in a larger stock pot, add spices and meat, cook on simmer for about 5 hours. And there you have it.

The one thing I did do was to course chop all of the veggies to match the texture of the course chili ground beef. Worked well.

Last edited:
Back