2012 Barbecue Brethren Film Festival Pitmaster T's - The Fabulous Butt Paddle

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The 2012 Brethren Film Festival continues with

The Fabulous Butt Paddle!!!

Here it is, I used to have one shorter than in the film that I used years ago, then one day while I was at Restaurant Depot when helping Niel, Bigmista Strawder with the G Town Bash 2.0, I saw one. He bought it for me... and being a brethren with integrity I paid him back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZxeBu4OwAo"]Pitmaster T's Half Assed BBQ Video Series - The Butt Paddle - YouTube[/ame]

Its known as a "Pizza Peel" and they come in many sizes.... I do not like the all wood ones though.

340n30297_pizza_peel.jpgalum_pizza_peels.jpg

Bigmista says he wants to get a medium sized one because he has like a 5 foot reach.

I had a guy use the long one and his dang shelves could pull out.... but he said he loved the paddle because one, nothing was stuck to his grill, he could quickly pull a brisket or butt without it falling apart, and he never pulled the shelves out so there was no mess on his pit, cement drive below or the exterior shelves on his pit. He usually has to clean the drive on both sides from grease and crap splatters.

I think everyone's pits are too small to think of this as useful. I knew that would happen. There will be some stick burner that will find it useful.

@ 2:44 you caught yourself just before you said "reach around"... but don't worry... I am sure no one will notice...

You can see me almost smile.... I was doing the Lord's work so I could not say anything..... but I thought it. LOL

Just so you know, I am going to try and be "funky" this weekend and cook my brisket this weekend at around 275 instead of my normal 225-250.

That said, do you have any brisket cooking suggestions for those who consider themselves to be more "bluesy" than "funky" since I much prefer the music of John Lee Hooker, Howlin' Wolf, Mississippi John Hurt, Lightnin' Hopkins, Elmore James, Muddy Waters, etc. to funk?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B6rs1zECGM"]John Lee Hooker - Big Legs, Tight Skirt - YouTube[/ame]

The Next Film in the 2012 First Annual Brethren Film Festival will be coming within the hour.

Pitmaster T's Dirty Dalmatian Bark Maker 2.0 (Bulk Series)

Back