Scouts at the American Royal

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
If you are attending the American Royal BBQ this year and have an active Cub Scout, Webelos, or Boy Scout, please contact me. I have a special opportunity for Scouts. They should be associated with a participating BBQ team: son, grandson, nephew, etc.

Todd@plowboysbbq.com

Earlier this year I presented the idea of having a color guard present the flags for the awards ceremony. The color guard would be comprised of scouts from the participating BBQ teams. There are a lot of them, so we should have a full group of kids. We should have the full spectrum from Tiger Cubs to Eagle Scouts.

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep it together watching those boys post the colors at awards. I'm hoping it becomes a new tradition.

I'm also working on convincing them to let me sing the National Anthem. Most don't know that I want to college on a vocal music scholarship and have sang the Star Spangled Banner at least a hundred times at events. I need to get an audition CD submitted.

Are you putting the scouts in charge of the charcoal lighter fluid? :shock:

CD

An incredibly great idea. I will definitely have to be there for that!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

How bout a girl scout? I have a couple of those.

I better talk to the Royal about how many kids they want parading up to the stage for this. Stay tuned. Adding Girl Scouts would, theoretically, double the numbers.

Great effort Todd, I will never forget my opportunity and participation in the National Jamboree back in the day, I was the JASM ; this could be very memorable as well for those who can attend.

A true Scout should be able to start a fire with one match and without accelerants. :thumb:

Yeah, scouts all learn how to do that, but you put adolescent boys in charge of a bottle of Gulflite, and watch what happens. :laugh:

CD

I'm also working on convincing them to let me sing the National Anthem. Most don't know that I want to college on a vocal music scholarship and have sang the Star Spangled Banner at least a hundred times at events. I need to get an audition CD submitted.

You lost me at "I'm also working on ..."

So, what you are saying is that you are some kind of Pavarotti of Pork?

VERY cool. Thanks for putting this together Todd.

All 3 of my sons are active Scouts, 1 Bear, 1 Webelo and 1 Boy Scout.
Don't know if we'll be there or not, but still, very cool.

As an active Cubmaster for the last 6 years I appreciate what you're trying to do. Scouting is where it's at! Awareness is a great thing at large events like the Royal!

Cool. I know of one local brethren member that has an Eagle Scout for a son.

Back