What to do with brisket trimmings

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Trimmed up a brisket today, and had about 4 lbs of trim.
Luw5xiL.jpg

So I thawed out some round steaks, and made some burger.
MYNaVvn.jpg

k3VK3El.jpg

UQIRl0B.jpg

Then there is the question. What do I do with this burger? Cheese stuffed meatballs.

trB6IBT.jpg

K1IAuUZ.jpg

seasoned with Jack Daniels steak seasoning.
I7zem5W.jpg

SzJ9EW6.jpg

UzLCxi7.jpg

Basically a slider without the bun
7G2opps.jpg

I think I would like to have some of those

Thanks. I've been eating on them for a few days, and still wouldn't mind having another. That Jack Daniels steak seasoning is great on burger.

I always toss my trimmings. You gave me something to think about.

That's crazy, at worst you should make the day, of some deserving dog. But ground beef is the best option. Just weigh out your trimmings, and mix any kind of lean beef to it, to make it about 30% fat, then grind.

One of my favorites! Now wrap them in bacon!
I've done that. Actually thought about it this time, but it was a last minute addition, and I already had a lot to do.

Seriously? Where have you been these past 9 years. We could have been good friends. Chili, Hamburgers, Halupki's, Stuffed peppers, you name it.

Yup!

I use my trimmings of brisket with venison. Venison is sooooo lean, but such a great meat. Put the trimmings of brisket together with venison and its an awesome combo. Folks that "hate gamey venison" can't tell the difference.

Aside from burgers the 80/20 or 70/30 mix can be used for any recipe you would use ground beef for...burgers, meatloaf, meatballs, tacos, nachos....endless reasons to use it!

Hell yeah!

I usually keep them for sausage but that's a way better idea. I kept the fats trimmings also to make tallow but never got around to them so I tossed them. :sad:

Oh, yeah! That'd drive my wife nuts on the gluten-free side of the house. Looks awesome!

Hell yeah!

I usually keep them for sausage but that's a way better idea. I kept the fats trimmings also to make tallow but never got around to them so I tossed them. :sad:

Sausage works too!:-D I love tallow for frying tortillas, but it is a hassle to make, and you need quite a bit of fat, to make it worth your while.

Oh, yeah! That'd drive my wife nuts on the gluten-free side of the house. Looks awesome!

Thanks! It was kind of a last minute thing, just to use up the trimmings, but they ended up being the best thing I cooked that day. Really liked the JD Steak Seasoning.

Sausage works too!:-D I love tallow for frying tortillas, but it is a hassle to make, and you need quite a bit of fat, to make it worth your while.

Yeah I accumulated quite a bit but ending up tossing it.

Back