BBQ Pitmasters - Bedford

RangerJ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This just hit my twitter feed. Seems one of the contestants will be a restaurant in Dallas - Dallas Lockhart.

Which brings us to the point: over Labor Day Weekend, Dallas' very own Lockhart Smokehouse will be competing at the Bedford BBQ and Blues Festival for an upcoming episode on the new season (BBQ Masters season kicks off 9 p.m. November 17 on Destination America). The judges will be the same as last season, and that means Aaron Franklin and barbecue champion Tuffy Stone will be inspecting Lockhart's meat.

Read the whole story below.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/2012/08/lockhart_smokehouse_will_compe.php

I hope Tuffy brings a strong stomach or lots of pepto bismol based on this recent review in Dallas.

Lockhart Smokehouse (1 star)
By LESLIE BRENNER The Dallas Morning News
Restaurant Critic
Conclusion: Barbecue prowess, it seems, is not transmitted genetically, and certainly not by marriage.

I hope Tuffy brings a strong stomach or lots of pepto bismol based on this recent review in Dallas.

Restaurant Critic
Conclusion: Barbecue prowess, it seems, is not transmitted genetically, and certainly not by marriage.

That's pretty harsh. Funny, but harsh.

Hmm, they are pushing the production dates hard. I saw that they were looking for Restaurants and Teams. They pushed back the dates for some of the states. NC is now back to 8/30. It would have to be filmed in October...one of two events. Unless they do Shelby which is the first weekend of November. Interesting to see which one it is.

Restaurant Critic

Google the critic, and decide whether or not you want to change your mind:biggrin1:

Google the critic, and decide whether or not you want to change your mind:biggrin1:

Like her methodology of going 2 to 3 times prior to any review to insure it was not just a bad day or what not.

Been in some of the 1 and 1 1/2 stars that she reviewed and agreed with it. While she is stingy with 4 stars, she is equally as stingy with the one stars. You really gotta be bad to get it.

ps According to her blog, she does like the original Kreuz market in Lockhart and loves BBQ, just didn't care for the Lockhart in Dallas.

Like her methodology of going 2 to 3 times prior to any review to insure it was not just a bad day or what not.

Been in some of the 1 and 1 1/2 stars that she reviewed and agreed with it. While she is stingy with 4 stars, she is equally as stingy with the one stars. You really gotta be bad to get it.

ps According to her blog, she does like the original Kreuz market in Lockhart and loves BBQ, just didn't care for the Lockhart in Dallas.

http://fcg-bbq.blogspot.com/2010/12/should-journalists-credit-bloggers-for.html

There's a lot more out there on the topic. I don't know what the 'truth' is, but it does raise some questions.

But I may be biased. I wasn't a big fan of one of her predecessors at the DMN either. They were a BBQ authority as well:shocked: Their restaurant venture didn't suppport that self anointed expertise. Just sayin.....

For what it's worth, I thought it was pretty good for restaurant BBQ. I have had a lot worse in Dallas.

Back