ac for a comp trailer

U

ulikabbq

I found a used Dometic Duo Therm 13,500 btu Penguin Low Profile Air Conditioner on craigslist and I was wondering if this was a good route for my comp trailer. It is allegedly in really good condition and I know an ac guy that can check it out for me, but I was wanting to know if people have had good/bad experiences with a used ac unit.

No, i wouldn't use it.

Could you send me the link? :twisted: I need the same.

How big is your trailer? We have a 135K DueTherm in our 24" cargo and it works great. I do have the ceiling and walls insulated with 3/4" pink sheets, and the interior of the trailer is just one large area.

Our trailer came with the A/C which I know is an aftermarket addition because it wasn't on the build sheet ... so I don't know how old the unit is, but I'd guess it was used when it was put on the trailer ... it just looks a bit older.

Near 95*, sunny and dripping wet humid this past summer (Marshalltown IA late June) we were able to keep it about 75* inside with the shell door open - only closing a screen door. But this was at an RV park so we were drawing good 30 amp power too.

I have a used 13.5k Coleman low profile. I can freeze out my 6x10. See if you can get it tested. Dometic is a common unit. Easier to mount than expected. You'll need a $20 foam gasket. Make sure the lower control unit comes with it. They run anout $60 or so.

Back