THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zwylde1

Full Fledged Farker
Hey Brethren.....My buddy Tom02 and I got together this past Saturday to try our first smoked Turkey on the grill. I did a 36 hour Brine with the bird using PatioDaddio's guide. Made up a foil pack of Cherry wood and did an indirect cook at 325. Here is a before and after shot of the bird. I would of taken a few more of it after we are done, but as you see, we had a few drinks while the bird was cooking and my picture taking ability may have been compromised.:laugh:

Hmmmm......looks like I need to figure this picture attaching thing out....more to follow.

Got it. Go 1 post down. New to this all. Sorry!

Last edited:
003.JPG

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 97
If I do say so, we "killed" this thing, considering we'd never solo, or collectively done this before. The brine recipe is simply STELLAR !...
The cherry smoke, simply delicious.

Note: Old "Zak" here failed to post the wonderful grilled shrimp scampi that was made by yours truly, to accompany the bird.

Drinks/Libation: Well folks, ANY time "Zak" and I get together, it's pretty much mayhem, good food, and belly laughter all day/night, and this was no exception. The cold never bothered us, we were "pickled" enough anyway, so we felt no pain.

And the Honey Berry cigars simply added ambiance to our already wonderous adventure. Great day had by all, neighbors who stopped by, included.

A very special THANK YOU, to PatioDaddio, for the great recipe, this thing is a can't miss. Best bird I have ever eaten, by far.

Way to go, Markus !

Awesome looking bird zwylde! I think the turkey is going to be more of a staple around here now. They are quick (compared to brisket and pulled pork), delicious, make the best gravy and stock, and the end result is extremely versatile. So far ate my leftovers in soup and on three types of sammies. 1) Hot with gravy on white bread, 2) Cold, sliced on bread or toast, 3) Turkey salad! Good work local Brother.

looks really good. i never noticed the screen name Zwylde or Zak funny thing is is my name is Zakk, and im named after Zakk Wylde, kinda funny.

Back