The briner

chomper's bbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Briner. Has anyone used this apparatus before and did it work well? Also does anyone know the promo code when ordering.

Never seen one before, but I just checked their website.....Looks interesting.
I have a food safe 5 gal bucket that I bought 2 lids for. I trimmed one of the lids a bit and shove it in the bucket at an angle to hold down whatever I'm brining. $5 for it all from a candy shop.

I use Cambro plastic buckets and a bag of ice or water to hold the meat down. The cut-down lid is a great idea. I bought mine a few years ago at GFS.

You can use 5 gal. food service buckets...I know some places give them away and other sell them for a couple of bucks. Pickle and sauce buckets are what I'm most used to seeing. I think some cake frostings come in 5 gal buckets too. Ask around. I used to buy pickle buckets at a BBQ joint on Bandera Rd. in San Antonio.

Or just break down and buy a couple at GFS, RD, or a restaurant supply store. They can be ordered, too.

I have one and I love it. Use it all the time. I use it for Turkeys, chickens, Pork butts, and fish. I actually starting doing the butts in a brine mix and without a rub and then just add a finishing sauce. I highly recommend one.

It looks like a great idea but at $32 for the setup and another $15 for shipping, it seems a little pricey.

Looks cool and the insert idea is nice for holding the meat under the brine.

Back